If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, July 24, 2009

Black soy bean milk, and like the pale green color

I like to use black soy bean to prepare soy bean milk drink, because black beans are a wonderful source of dietary fiber and are rich in antioxidants as well. Furthermore, I like the pale-green color..

- I can't captured the nice pale-green color using my camera.... also because it changed a bit to milk color after cooked.



-Remove the black bean skin and you will see very nice pale green beans



- Blend the beans, you will get very nice pale green soy milk

Simple recipe to share

Ingredients

  • 400g black soy bean (soaked overnight)
  • a couple of pandan leaves
  • 2.5 litres of water
  • Sugar to taste

Steps:-

1.Soak the black soy beans overnight in cold water. Drain and then rinse the beans well. Remove the black skin.

2. Place pale green bean in a blender. Add some water to cover the beans before blending them finely.

3. Pour blended bean into a large bowl or pot and add remaining water. Strain / Sieve the contents through a fine cloth.

4. Place sieved bean milk into a pot, add the pandan leaves and bring to boil very slowly. Ensure that you stir the milk regularly to prevent burning. Turn off the heat immediately upon boiling and allow to cool.

5. You can either choose to add the sugar whilst bringing the black soy bean to boil or prepare syrup (usually I will add few slices of ginger-remove wind) separately and add the syrup prior to drinking.

20 comments:

Colin Woon said...

Black soy bean milk?! Hmmm...this is new to me.

Does it taste the same as regular soy bean milk? I'm all for it if it's healthier.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, it tasted exactly like soy bean milk, no difference from my point of view, furthermore it is more healthy than the normal soy milk, ask your wife to make for you ya.

Colin Woon said...

If only we can find those black soy bean here...not sure if we have seen them before. Definitely sounds like a good idea...anything with good dietary fiber and antioxidant, man...I'm getting old...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear Colin, I'm sure this is easily found in US supermarket, try to get organic one.

Shandy said...

Sonia, adding the sugar syrup at the end and making a drink using healthy black soy beans is a wonderful idea. I love your photos of the black soy beans with the skin on and what the bean looks like without the skin. I have never tried these before.

J.O said...

黑豆浆的营养价值的确比白的高^^

对了~在你草莓chiffon里有回复哦

Beachlover's Kitchen said...

black soy bean!! interesting!! I never try this one yet!! Hmmm.. wondering where can I get some:P

Nancymommy said...

em...I want a cup of ice black soy bean milk...thanks! hahaha

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Shandy, this is easy to prepare, you should try it out.

JO, Thanks for your reply.

Beachlover's kitchen, you can find it in any major supermarket.

Nancy, ya,ice really cooool, but I can not drink cold drink, still having cough, about a month liao...

Rachel Hei said...

I have never try black soy bean milk before..mmmm.. sounds interesting..^_^
Sonia, got to take good care ya, cough sometimes really a bit hard to recover..

米亚 said...

That reminds of the time when I made soymilk with mum! But it is hard to get black soybean isnt it??? I would like to try it but I cant source the ingredients over here at all... =(

TINTIN said...

I never try this before..thanks for the tips and recipe. Will definitely make this soon.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, didn't know such a bean existed, I have not seen it here. I can see the pale green color in your last picture. Cool!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Rachel, Mia, Tintin, LCOM, actually I'm not really sure this black bean is come from same soy bean family or not, this one I use is those kind of normal black bean we use to cook soup with pork ribs, this can be easily found in any of "pasar pagi" or wet market.

choi yen said...

是我们通常拿来煲汤的黑豆吗?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

mimid3vils, yes dear

petite nyonya said...

this is really interesting because what we normally get is the white soy bean. excellent. thks for sharing this :D

petrina said...

I iwsh I could find black soy beans! I would make this in a flash :)

pablopabla said...

Wow! I am amazed at the similarities between this post of yours and my recipe for black soybean milk! Hehe!

bipolar disorder said...

Hi...
Thank you for the nice recipe. I would love black soy bean milk. I am having a small party at my farmhouse this weekend. I was wondering about something special to serve my friends with. This one would be a nice treat for all my friends. I will try this and tell you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin