- I can't captured the nice pale-green color using my camera.... also because it changed a bit to milk color after cooked.
-Remove the black bean skin and you will see very nice pale green beans
Simple recipe to share
- 400g black soy bean (soaked overnight)
- a couple of pandan leaves
- 2.5 litres of water
- Sugar to taste
1.Soak the black soy beans overnight in cold water. Drain and then rinse the beans well. Remove the black skin.
2. Place pale green bean in a blender. Add some water to cover the beans before blending them finely.
3. Pour blended bean into a large bowl or pot and add remaining water. Strain / Sieve the contents through a fine cloth.
4. Place sieved bean milk into a pot, add the pandan leaves and bring to boil very slowly. Ensure that you stir the milk regularly to prevent burning. Turn off the heat immediately upon boiling and allow to cool.
5. You can either choose to add the sugar whilst bringing the black soy bean to boil or prepare syrup (usually I will add few slices of ginger-remove wind) separately and add the syrup prior to drinking.