If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mixed Fruits Tart and Blueberries Cheese Tart

This was my 1st time baking tart, I adapted the recipes from Felvinc (refer to blueberries filling ) and Mia (refer to pastry) 's blog, but I made little changes on it.


"Mixed fruits tart"





"Blueberries cheese tart"

Recipe to share

-->
Pastry (can make 30 tarts-small size)
-Plain flour 150g
-Self Raising flour 50g
-Unsalted butter 95g (chilled, cut into small pieces)
-Caster sugar 2g
-Salt 1/2tsp
-Chilled water (1tbsp)
-Egg (half), beaten lightly with Chilled water
Steps:-
  1. Mix both flours and salt in a mixing bowl. Add butter and rub into flour.
  2. Add in sugar, then follow by egg chilled water, mix well to form dough (do not over mix).
  3. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30-60mins.
  4. Roll the pastry and press into tart’s mould.
  5. Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 13-15mins.
  6. Once done, cool the tart before put in the filling.

Blueberries Filling
-Cream cheese 125g
-Caster sugar 20g
-Egg yolk 1
-Lemon juice 1/2tsp
-Whipping cream 60g
-Blueberries jam


Steps:-
  1. Beat cream cheese and sugar until mix well and smooth
  2. Add in egg yolk and lemon juices, mix well
  3. Last add in whipping cream and mix well

Blueberries tart steps:-
  1. Spoon the cheese filling in the tart, and follow by blueberries jam
  2. Bake at pre-heat oven for 10mins.

Mixed fruits tart steps:-
  1. Mix instant custard powder and water to form paste
  2. Mix instant Jelly powder and water to form paste
  3. Spoon the custard paste in the tart
  4. Then put the desired fruits (cut into small pieces)
  5. Spoon the jelly paste on top of the fruits, and served (do not need to bake)


Other topic- recently I specially bought a rack (from Ikea) and just to keep all my bakery items and dry ingrediants, this rack is convenient and easy to be accessed.



11 comments:

J.O said...

hmm...我喜欢水果塔
色彩鲜艳,看了胃口大开

Rachel Hei said...

I like fruit tart too, so colourful..^_^.. u must b very patient to make those small tarts.. nice job..

Cindy Khor said...

i love your new layout, clean and classy. thanks for the recipe. i remember my mum making this and it tasted lovely. now that i'm far away from home, i really should try this out.

ai wei said...

lovely! you made them all? that's quite a lot. can save some for me? :P

i always find it hard to make the pastry shell. how do u find about recipe? easy? yummy? will love to try :)

Nancymommy said...

好好吃的tart...你的宝贝们最近一定开心的不得了,妈妈做好多好吃的西点给他们吃...
原来那天来IKEA买了这个架回去放你烤东西的工具和材料...很不错哦!看来真实用...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

J.O, ya, very colourful and yet delicious.

Rachel, I took me a lot of time to prepare this.

Cindy, I myself love the new layout too. Ya, you should try it out. But if you only prepare for yourself and your boy friend, I prefer you buy it outside, quite tedious to prepare.

Ai Wei, I made about 30pcs, if you will buy from outside stall, it will cost you much much more..The steps is simple and need a lot of time, try it out when you free.

Nancy, my kids even bring to school for their friend to eat, one of his friend's mother even said want to learn from me, hahaha.. Ya, this rack is really useful, open concept so easy to access for those items that I use most often..and i bought with offered price..

Karine said...

Oh you did a great job with these tarts! Congrats! :)

Shandy said...

Sonia, I LOVE you little tarts! So cute!! I bet you feel so much better being able to organize your baking things on those new shelves too =D

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Karine, thank you for drop by. I will explore your blog later.

Shandy, yes, the new shelves is really convenient.

温馨小屋 said...

好美的fruit tart,你越来越厉害咯!

Colin Woon said...

Ooo...sweet looking tart! I love fruit tart! And yours looks like a real winner, kiwi and strawberry, good combination! The blueberry filling cheese tart looks super delicious too!

All these photos are superb, especially the 1st shot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin