If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Apple Chicken Curry

This is similar to Japanese Apple flavour curry, but I did not use the ready mix paste of Japanese Apple curry, I was using the fresh apples to cook this curry. I can't really tasted the apple in this curry, but the curry taste was just so refreshing and have pure sweetness..




-To accompany with this curry, I bake some cauliflower with cheese, steal the idea from Mia, this was great too.









- Simple and yummy dinner


Apple curry recipe:-

- Pork or Chicken meat, cut into cube

- Fresh apple, cut into small cube

- Carrot, Potato, Big onion, cut into cube

- Garlic

- Own mix curry paste ( mix curry powder, chili powder and turmeric powder and water to form paste)

Steps:-

1) Saute garlic and onion until fragrant, add in meat, followed by apple, carrot and potato.

2) Add water, then add own mix curry paste.

3) Tasted with salt.

3) Cook and simmer for about 30mins.

13 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, I never thought of making the Japanese curry from scratch before, you are good!

Rachel Hei said...

It's really a great idea to add in the fresh apple, good job Sonia!! ^_^

twister said...

sonia, you are really creative!!

My Asian Kitchen said...

interesting!! apple curry!! today I learn something new again:P

tintin said...

Wow,..i haven't tried apple curry before...thanks for sharing! It looks so yummy!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

LCOM, try it out.

Rachel, ya, very hearty too.

Twister, thank you.

My Asian Kitchen, I learnt from you too.

Tintin, you should also try it out.

米亚 said...

Sonia this looks great! I have never tried apply curry before, where did you get your inspiration from? very creative!

smarthousewife said...

加蘋果在Curry菜餚中,是個很棒的idea,謝謝分享!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Mia, not I creative, I just knew Japanese curry ready mix paste have few type of flavours e.g apple, banana & etc, so I just steal the idea but use the fresh apple instead...

Smarthousewife, this can be a vegetarian dish as well, omit the meat...

Nancymommy said...

前些天在电视"女人我最大"里也看到这道料理..加苹果的咖哩料理,正想试煮看看,就看到你已经煮了这道料理,看来真的很好吃,可以一试了!

Reanaclaire said...

hey...that is great! im going to try it too.. apply curry..first in IPOH..hahaa... thanks for sharing..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, really, I missed that show..

Reanaclaire, very nice, do try out.

Colin Woon said...

I'm getting so hungry thinking and seeing this dish! You're such a good cook!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin