I took these pictures at the same spot which I took the old pictures with old camera last time, but this time look better with new camera right? hehehe..
Savoury steamed glutinous rice
500g glutinous rice (wash and soak at least 4 hours or more)
200g belly pork, cut cubed
15 shallots, peeled & sliced thinly
40g dried prawns, wash & soaked
15 dried oyster, wash & soaked & cut into cubed, (optional)
10 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and cut into cubed
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp salt, or to taste
1tbsp light soy sauce
Spring onions, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallot over medium-low heat, fry till crispy and golden brown. Dish out and set aside to cool.
2. Use the remaining shallot oil in the wok. Over medium heat, stir-fry the meat, dried prawns and mushroom until aromatic.
3. Add in the drained glutinous rice, and add in the seasoning. Stirring and mix well for 1 -2 mins.
4. Transfer the rice into a steaming tray, sprinkle water on top of the rice.
5. Steam for 60mins ( stir rice for every 30mins, sprinkle some water when necessary).
6. Serve rice topped with shallot crisps, peanuts and spring onion.
-i think I will slowly replace those old pictures (very blur and blur) from old posts with new pictures later and re-post it...