The main Birthday cake is followed Ocean theme, thus the cup cake also followed the same theme. I use fish cookie to decorate this cup cake, this fish cookie used to be my favourite when I was a kid, I used to buy this from pasar (market), love the slightly salty taste. Is this also your favourite cookie or you have never seen this kind of cookie before?
Ocean Cup Cakes & Blue Vanilla Buttercream
*makes 12-15 cup cakes
2 large eggs
140g cake flour
2tbsp heavy cream
1tsp coffee powder
1tbsp cocoa powder
1/2tsp Baking powder
1/8tsp Baking soda
1. Sift baking powder, baking soda and cake flour together, set aside.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, mixing well.
4. Fold in the flour, milk and heavy cream, combine well.
5. Last add in cocoa powder and coffee powder, combine well.
6. Pour mixture into a paper cup till ¾ full.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 20mins.
Blue Vanilla Buttercream
100g Icing sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp heavy cream
A drop of food colouring- Blue
1. Cream the butter in a hand mixer till smooth
2. Add in sugar and vanilla, beat till fluffy.
3. Add in heavy cream, combine well.
4. Colour the cream.
To decorate Ocean cup cakes- pipe blue buttercream using tip no35 and place a fish cookie on top
Happy Baking !!
**in my next post, I will share with you the main Birthday cake, a ocean cake, stay tuned.