Ocean Cup Cakes & Blue Vanilla Buttercream*makes 12-15 cup cakes
2 large eggs
140g cake flour
2tbsp heavy cream
1tsp coffee powder
1tbsp cocoa powder
1/2tsp Baking powder
1/8tsp Baking soda
1. Sift baking powder, baking soda and cake flour together, set aside.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, mixing well.
4. Fold in the flour, milk and heavy cream, combine well.
5. Last add in cocoa powder and coffee powder, combine well.
6. Pour mixture into a paper cup till ¾ full.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 20mins.
Blue Vanilla Buttercream
100g Icing sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp heavy cream
A drop of food colouring- Blue
1. Cream the butter in a hand mixer till smooth
2. Add in sugar and vanilla, beat till fluffy.
3. Add in heavy cream, combine well.
4. Colour the cream.
To decorate Ocean cup cakes- pipe blue buttercream using tip no35 and place a fish cookie on top
Happy Baking !!
**in my next post, I will share with you the main Birthday cake, a ocean cake, stay tuned.