Jane's corner but omitted the cocoa powder, solely added coffee powder only. Since I don't really like to eat sweet cake, I just apply a thin layer of Kahlua buttercream, you may double up the buttercream recipe if you prefer sweeter.
Coffee Walnut Cake & Kahlua Buttercream
2 large eggs
125g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp coffee powder
2tbsp hot water
1. Sift baking powder and cake flour together, set aside.
2. Melt coffee powder in hot water, set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add in egg one at a time, beat until just combined between additions.
5. Fold in flour and milk, mix well.
6. Last add in coffee mixture, well combined.
7. Pour mixture into a 7” round cake pan.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 30mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
100g Icing sugar / Confectioners sugar
1tsp Kahlua (Coffee flavored liqueur)
1tbsp heavy cream
1. Beat butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add in sugar, heavy cream and Kahlua, beat till well combined.
To assemble the cake- split cold cake in half. Spread Kahlua buttercream on one layer of cake. Top with other cake half, spread buttercream top and side of cake with remaining cream. Arrange 20pcs of toasted walnut halves over the cake.
A bite of coffee cake, walnut and Kahlua buttercream, they are just a perfect combination!!
HaPPY bAKing !!