dailydelicious, due to not enough cake flour and heavy cream for frosting, so I changed it to self-raising flour and butter for frosting..
Oreo cup cakes*makes about 14 cup cakes
150g self-raising flour
1/4tsp baking soda
120g butter, at room temperature
90g sugar (I reduced the sugar from 100g)
25g heavy cream
4 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
2tbsp heavy cream
2tbsp icing sugar
10 finely crushed Oreo cookies
1. In a bowl, sift self-raising flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
3. Reduce mixing speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
4. Gradually add half of the dry ingredients mix until smooth, then add the heavy cream.
5. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and the chopped Oreos, mixing until batter is smooth.
6. Fill the cupcake about two-thirds full
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180c, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake’s center comes out clean.
To makes the frosting and cup cake-place the cookies in a food processor, Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy, add in heavy cream and Oreo pieces, mix well. Frost the top of each cup cake.
Happy Baking !!