If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oreo cup cakes, supposed Black and White but...

Today I have learnt a lesson, do not bake anything without checking the stock of the ingredients, this Oreo cup cakes supposed to be in black and white, but mine turned out to Black only, due to lacking of the ingredients while preparing the mixture....
IMG_9065
Even the colour a bit out, but the taste still good..very very Oreo lor...

IMG_9091 1
Recipe adapted from dailydelicious, due to not enough cake flour and heavy cream for frosting, so I changed it to self-raising flour and butter for frosting..

Oreo cup cakes*makes about 14 cup cakes
(printable recipe)

150g self-raising flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1/8tsp salt
120g butter, at room temperature
90g sugar (I reduced the sugar from 100g)
2 eggs
25g heavy cream
4 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies

Frosting
40g butter
2tbsp heavy cream
2tbsp icing sugar
10 finely crushed Oreo cookies

1. In a bowl, sift self-raising flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
3. Reduce mixing speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
4. Gradually add half of the dry ingredients mix until smooth, then add the heavy cream.
5. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and the chopped Oreos, mixing until batter is smooth.
6. Fill the cupcake about two-thirds full
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180c, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake’s center comes out clean.

To makes the frosting and cup cake-place the cookies in a food processor, Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy, add in heavy cream and Oreo pieces, mix well. Frost the top of each cup cake.


IMG_9075 1
Happy Baking !!

40 comments:

Suhaina said...

LOOKS GOOD TO ME. My son will love it, becoz oreo is his fav. Nice clicks too. looks very moist too.

Angie's Recipes said...

NOthing wrong with the look....very creative!

ai wei said...

i love oreo! always. great, i will try this out after my papers. T.T

~Rachel Hei~ said...

I am orea's big fans. Can i have one please? ^^

Jane Chew said...

looks good what :)
Today i tried out a new recipe for tart's base also not turn out good. kek sim.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Nice attempt...so long as it's yummy, it's alright. ;) Think I will try this out too.

Anonymous said...

My favorite cup cakes~ i love them so much, would like to try it too :)

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

hahahahha... one look I thought I saw volcano lava..hehehhe...my kids will love this cos Oreo are their favourite.

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Sonia,
At least you were quick enough to do some substition and make the oreo cupcakes turned out really good! Good work! The cupcakes looked really yummy, moist and soft. Thanks for sharing!

tracieMoo said...

I think the colour is fine :P
I made a cake with oreo base, it didn't look appealing either and mum questioned me what it was. Then she told me that chocolate thing down there is nice and I said it's beauty in disguise :)

divya said...

woww.....looks very tempting...yummy....

PranisKitchen said...

sonia
what a super cupcakes.. i am not a grt fan of oreo cookies but urs looks so superb yarr.nice presentation..loved the color..

ann low said...

I love oreo too! Looks yummy ;)

Jeannie said...

Nice enough despite the lack of ingredients! What is the white part supposed to be?

Lazaro Cooks said...

Beautiful and creative. 2 things I love, cupcakes and oreo's. Cheers!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I think you were very creative. Bottom line - taste is what counts. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Sook said...

The oreocupcakes look so tempting! Yummy!

Namitha said...

Who cares about the looks when it tastes divine...:-)yummm

Precious Pea said...

Black or white doesn't matter....it looks delicious enuff for me.

Love2cook Malaysia said...

They looking yumm still Sonia! My son wants some too..;)

Yee Er said...

They are so moist and soft.....yum yum.

3 hungry tummies said...

I actually think the colour is nice, a bit like black sesame paste :)

Kitchen Corner said...

It looks pretty with its unique black!

dinnersanddreams said...

Oreao used to be one of my favorite cookies when i was younger. These would have been a dream come true. I would still go crazy for them even now. I like these paper cups a lot, btw.

Nisrine

Bakeling said...

Try once more and get the result that you want !

Reanaclaire said...

black or white, our late michael jackson said they are the same one.. that goes for your cakes as well! :)

MaryMoh said...

That's creative to use oreo for topping. My children would love these.

My Little Space said...

We're blessed, because of Sonia, always cooking & baking all those wonderful stuffs. So, I have some awards for you, dear. Please feel free to pick them up. Have a nice day!
Cheers, Kristy
http://kristygourmet.blogspot.com/2010/05/more-awards-my-lucky-finger.html

pigpigscorner said...

I always have this prob! I'm really forgetful these days. But this still looks good to me!

tigerfish said...

Due to the black, it looks like black sesame cup cakes too :D ...

Juliana said...

Yummie, these oreo cupcakes look good to me :-) would take one at no time...

My Little Things Corner said...

Even black, but i like blackie blackie food or cake one...hehehe, my skin also blackie maybe...hahaha

terri@adailyobsession said...

ooops 2 comments in one, my comp is very slow today n everything's mixed up! but yes, the cupcakes look delicious:)

Rachana said...

These oreo cupcakes look good to me:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Still looks good, who cares as long as it's yummy right?

hjn said...

Oh yes these look oh so good!!!! I would throw about 4 of these yummies in my mouth!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Oreo, my favourites!!!

Colin Woon said...

Interesting color, anything with Oreo is good...hehehee...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

dear all, Thanks for stopping by, ya, it tasted even better after keeping till the next day..yummy.

Jeannie, the white part supposed is whipping cream for the frosting..but i run out of stock..thatswhy all turned to black..

Jo said...

Haha, I always do that. Worst still, mixing ingredients half way and then realize .. oh s#@t I don't have enough. Any way this looks good whatever the colour it is suppose to be.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin