Simple Menu". She is one of my blogger friend that i keep in touch almost daily (we chat thru MSN). I encouraged her to create this blog as she always preparing simple dishes since she is staying alone. She has another blog called "Bakeling" which she is sharing maily on photography...i also learnt photography tips from her too.
I getting the "kampung" type of duck eggs from this type of stall that only selling all kind of eggs..fresh eggs, preserved eggs & etc..
The owner of the shop told me to use those duck eggs with slightly green shell as it has better aroma..
Very simple to make, just need patience to wait!
fill eggs in the jar till full, do not leave empty space in the jar, otherwise eggs will be floating on the top..
My son Lucas helped me to mark the date and put a cute duck sticker ^_^ ! So today is the best day to enjoy this homemade salted eggs which need 14days to get the right saltiness..
Next time i will try to reduce the salt amount as I found not all salt could be dissolved.
This is our yummy lunch today...salted egg is best to serve with a bowl of plain porridge/congee..
Please visit to "Simple Menu" and give your support to Yan to encourage her to share more simple dishes with us, Thank you..
Homemade Salted eggs
(recipe source : adapted from Yan of Simple Menu)
15 duck eggs
400g coarse salt
1. Wash and clean duck eggs under running water by rubbing with a piece of cloth and immediately rub it dry (Do not soak the eggs in water).
2. Cook salt and water till boiled, stir from time to time, cook till salt dissolved as much as possible, set aside to cool. Take out the salt water.
3. Place duck eggs in a clean glass jar, add in salt water. Close the lid and mark the date.
4. Store in room temperature for 14 days.
5. Boil salted eggs for 10mins before serving.