If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Louvre, The Tuileries Garden, Paris 2014 巴黎自由行

When we went to The Louvre the first time (8 years ago), it was free admission. There was coincidently that we went there on the first Sunday of the month. But I heard nowadays not all months has free admission, you can check details in their website. Anyway, kids were entered free (even my daughter 17years also free entrance).



Since we were on free and easy, have to use public transport, so I chosen a hotel which near to metro station. We were stayed at Hotel Choiseul Opera (their room is quite spaces, less than 5mins walk from Opera metro, tiny lift which only accommodate two adults at one time, breakfast is ok but can't continue eating there as they serving the same things everyday, easy to find foods as nearby there were many restaurants, cafes and bakery shop)

 
And The Louvre is quite near to hotel, so we walked from hotel to The Louvre. Below are what I captured during our walk...


La Madeleine church, Paris


 
Inside the church


 
On the way, we saw Laduree (my daughter's favourite shop ^_^) but we didn't enter as we were planning to visit their shop located at Champs-Élysées. 
 
We should have buy macarons from here as later we realized that the shop located at Champs-Élysées had long Q..
 

 
Then we reached  to The Tuileries garden






 
We stopped by at Amorino for their famous flower shape of gelato (ice-cream)

 
You can choose many flavours that you want, and they will shape them to look like a flower.



 
Lovely flowers during Spring time








 
Pyramid of The Louvre

 
As usual, long Q to enter

 
Look outside from inside the Pyramid

 
I like this!


 
The famous Venus de Milo. Nice to see him second times.



 
From behind Venus, sexy right ? ^_^



 
The Mona Lisa, actually this painting was rather small..big crowd in front.

 
after squeezed in, then only can see her clearly, she was awesome!!

 
Another famous painting,The Coronation of Napoleon .





 
After exit from The Louvre, we had our lunch nearby..

 
Every restaurant will serve free baguette or bread..

 
Finally I have a chance to try this French food that I have bookmarked long ago- Duck Confit 油封鴨

 
My kids ordered burger instead

 
We also ordered a plate of escargot..

12 comments:

Joceline Lor said...

Thanks Sonia! 照片好好看也。

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Thanks Sonia for sharing the pictures, all very nice...

mr. pineapple man said...

This is on my bucket list!

Ana Regalado said...

Kids , burgers in Paris ?! lol I'm sure you all had a great time visiting one of the best cities in the world ! The food alone made me sigh :D Gorgeous photos of Paris , Sonia , I hope you have more !

Little Corner of Mine said...

How fun, nice for the pictures. :)

Lite Home Bake said...

Beautiful photos of this romantic city! Even ice creams have a a touch of romance in them huh :)

QembarDelites said...

Beautiful photos, love the look of those escargots! Yum!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

My impression of European countries is most of the buildings are tall & big & so beautiful but what attracted me the most is the Laduree shop, hehe. Do they allow to take picture from inside?

Sem said...

the pictures are so beautiful, You must have an enjoyable trip.

Bakericious said...

Sonia, you making me wanted to fly to Paris now :P

Choi Yen said...

Enjoy immensely the photos of flowers!

Small Kucing said...

Reminds me of Dan Brown's Book

Blog Widget by LinkWithin