If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pont de l'Archeveche "Lock of Love" bridge, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Paris 2014 巴黎自由行

I couldn't recall that I have seen this "Lock of Love" bridge when I visited Paris 8 years ago. After watched the Hong Kong drama, then only I knew this ordinary bridge over the River Seine that has attracted many couples writing love message on a padlock and locked it here, read more here. The other day, I read one article in newspaper saying that this bridge may collapsed one day as the weight of the locks is over burdening. So I better quickly visit this bridge ^_^


 
This bridge located over the River Seine, beautiful surroundings..can see Eiffel Tower too.







 
After crossed over this bridge, we made our way to Notre-Dame Cathedral..
We didn't enter to this church 8 years ago, again this time we didn't enter too as the Q was way too long (can't afford to stand after the long Q at The Louvre). We just admired this beautiful church from the outside and imagined the hunchback up in the tower.







 
The centre of Paris, peoples believed that when stepped on this mark, you will return to Paris again ^_^





 
After long hours of walking, we opted for Metro to go back hotel.
Since we have six peoples, purchase carnet (Euro 13.70 for 10 tickets, kids half price) save money than purchase individual ticket cost at Euro 1.70 each.


 Everyday, we passed by this beautiful Opera which just near by the hotel we stayed
 

11 comments:

Ana Regalado said...

Beautiful photos , Sonia ! The architecture around Paris are a sight to behold ! I think there's a petition to take down all those locks along the Pont de l'Archeveche :D

Joceline Lor said...

Sonia。谢谢您的分享。巴黎风景很好哦。

‘冲上云霄’就在这里拍摄吧!

CQUEK said...

nice place the pad lock reminds me of the movie TVB Triumph in the skies 2.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

So planning to go back there in 8 years time, hehe?

The Experimental Cook said...

Paris looks more lovely than I remember. Time to revisit..

PH said...

So many beautiful things to look at! I must save money to go there :)

My Little Space said...

So, did you put up a lock at the bridge as well ? haha....
Kristy

Elaine said...

Good morning Ms Sonia,
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and useful tips.... I can't wait for my trip.

Bakericious said...

Sonia, I never been to this lock of love bridge when I was in Paris many yrs ago. When I watched the TVB drama, I told myself I must pay this place a visit heeheehee... Korea also have similar concept, I am going to visit too :D.

Choi Yen said...

Why don't they just remove some of the locks to prevent bridge from collapse?

sohcool said...

Very nice photos. You mentioned about the long Q at the Louvre. Actually there are two entrance to the Louvre. The outside one always has a long queue. But the underground one is pretty empty. You can try that next time.
Hi Ng Choi Yen, the city hall of Paris has been removing the locks. But the locks came back faster than they could remove.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin