must have item-fried ikan bilis (anchovies)
must have item- cucumber slices
Yummy sambal udang ! if you are a chili lover, I'm sure you will be salivate after seeing this photo, hahaha!!
I have not posted the exact ingredients and measurement for coconut rice so far, it was due to I still trying the perfect fluffy, tender and separate grains coconut rice using a electric rice cooker. But I have came out with a good coconut rice (nasi lemak) recipe after numerous testing, do check out below.
A) Sambal Udang (Chili shrimps)
500g shrimps (medium), retain tail
2 big onions, sliced
2tbsp tamarind paste, add 6tbsp water, remove seeds, to become tamarind water
2-3 tbsp chilli paste (I use homemade chilli paste)
Pound to paste
1” galangal (blue ginger)
6 cloves garlic
½ tsp salt or taste
1. Heat some oil in a wok, add in pounded shallot paste, stir fried till fragrant.
2. Add in chilli paste, stir fried for a while.
3. Add in shrimps, stir fry till cooked. Add in tamarind water and onion slices, (add more water if too dry), mix well.
3. Add in seasoning and dish out, serve with Nasi Lemak (steamed coconut rice).
My note: if you did not use homemade chili paste (which cook for long hour), you need to stir fry (step 2) for longer time, maybe not less than 30mins.
B) Nasi Lemak (coconut rice)
4cups rice (I use Thai fragrant rice)
150ml coconut milk
5pcs pandan leaves (screwpine leaves)
1 and 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1” ginger, shredded
1. Place washed rice, salt and knotted pandan leaves in an electric rice cooker.
2. Pour coconut milk, water,ginger and salt over the rice and leave to soak for 30mins (make it more fluffy).
3. Cook the rice.Once “cooking” button auto switched to “keep warm” button. Then fluff the rice with a fork or chopsticks.
4. Leave it warm in the rice cooker before serve.
Happy Cooking !!