If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, July 14, 2012

二年坂/三年坂 (Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka), where to get Yuzu powder, Kyoto Japan




I have to quickly update where i got the yuzu powder and pickled sakura because a lot of readers waiting for me to advise the locations, hehehe. Today i share with you where to get yuzu powder.

After visited kiyomizu-dera 京都清水寺, we heading down to 二年坂/三年坂 where both sides of the small lanes with all old traditional Japanese houses converted into shops or restaurant, and this is where my shopping started ...


IMG_2956

I did not take many pictures this time because i was busy shopping, eating and free sampling (this is good, so we can decide what nice things to buy)

IMG_2962

IMG_2942
IMG_2943

Try to get some of this nice muachi..
IMG_2949

Also try to get this green tea cookie roll, this was the best cookies we had in Kyoto Japan.
I did not see this cookie selling in Osaka, so my advise try to buy here but do not need to check other places..if other places do have, the price will be almost the same.
I IMG_2951

we chanced upon this shop selling choux..

IMG_2944

We bought matcha ice cream with choux, the ice cream was good, creamy ,smooth and strong matcha aroma, but we were quite dissapointed with the choux, it was soggy!

IMG_2945


IMG_3407

IMG_3413

We stopped this restaurant to have our lunch..
IMG_2963

few spices for you to choose
IMG_2964

My husband took this photo from inside the restaurant

IMG_2967

Few type of veggie for you to top on noodle soup
IMG_2972

The 梅子 (plum) rice was good
IMG_2974

The tempura set that i ordered
IMG_2977

Ok, now where to get this Yuzu powder?

IMG_4199

I went to two shops, first was 七味家 (i managed to find their website here )

IMG_3398

A very old shop established since year 1655 ..
IMG_3400

Their yuzu powder is pack in small platic bag. Beside yuzu powder, don't forgot to get some spices & herbs.

IMG_3399

This was the 2nd shop that i got the bottle type of Yuzu powder..
IMG_3405


I try to log into their website but failed. I can only show you their trade mark.舞嫏 from this plastic bag.

IMG_4828

Luckily i did not throw away this map..Look for "Yuzu" for shops selling yuzu powder, shop selling "muachi & green tea cookie rolls". Also see "Stop Here" for which bus stop that you should stopped in order to get to 清水寺 and  二年坂/三年坂.

IMG_4827

23 comments:

Small Kucing said...

wah you very good at cari lubang buy all these good stuffs :)

Joceline Lor said...

哇!真的未雨绸缪也~有备而来。所以收获是肯定要的。哈哈哈~买到自己喜欢的东西,心情特别的爽!

Kimmy said...

Thanks Sonia, I've been there before and didn't know this is the place selling Yuzu. Maybe busy trying their muachi and other cute delicacies, hehe.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Sonia, I've been there before and didn't know this is the place selling Yuzu. Maybe busy trying their muachi and other cute delicacies, hehe.

Mel said...

I bet you wanted to buy the whole lots of this and that things/food stuff back when you were shopping at the shops there!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I really miss these places.... i was busy to sample the foods too, hehe!

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
Love your pictures. I was wondering how does Yuzu powder taste? Never tasted before but from what you have made with it (Yuzu honey Castella) I can tell it is really yum. Thanks for sharing where to get the Yuzu powder, I will keep in mind the next time if I go to Osaka must go to this place for good stuff and free sampling...LoL

mycookinghut said...

Really love Japan and wish to go again next time!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Omg, now I feel so lucky that I won the lucky draw for the yuzu powder! Thank you again my friend. :)) cant wait for it to arrive, heehee!

Eileen@Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

It's nice to travel free & easy, you get to visit many more places..

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

You are the best,Sonia

mia111 said...

lovely! Kyota has so many nice shops!

Little Corner of Mine said...

So nice! I would love to visit Japan!

My Little Space said...

Hey Sonia, just received the yuzu powder yesterday noon time. Thanks so much. I am very much looking forward to make something out of it. Btw, love this oldie Japanese environment. And this is also the places I most wanted to visit. Thanks so much for sharing.
Happy weekend.
Kristy

Li Shuan said...

Thanks for sharing the info n photos. Maybe need to plan a trip to Japan again soon after reading the post. Haha...

Ana Regalado said...

Somebody's hungry here ! lol That place you've visited looks really awesome ! Lovely photos as always , Sonia !

Somewhere in Singapore said...

thanks for sharing...

Sem said...

will definitely make Japan as one of the to go places list.Many interesting places and food as well.

lena said...

i wished i was there with you to sample all these too :D

Elaine said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Ohhh tempura set and ume rice... I miss simple food like that in Japan! Thanks for sharing your trip, I really need to go to Kyoto next time! SO many things to buy... Need an extra suitcase just for goodies from Kyoto. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, where did you get the kyoto area map? Sorry for the delayed comments as i chanced here from some japan site..

Anna Schafer said...

This is the one I have been using and I really like the green tea fragrant it has.powder green tea melbourne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin