The other day i told you that my son Desmond refused to take my bento lunch as he is prefered to the foods from canteen..But now no more, he is keeps asking me to bring bento lunch for him, you know why, because his classmates always praise on his bento lunch. So now he is very proud to have bento lunch, little boy is little boy, hehehe..
Today i made this Teriyaki chicken meat balls for bento lunch. I like to use those tough part of chicken e.g chicken breast or meat attached to chicken wings to make into meat balls..
After i have learned on how to make Teriyaki sauce from the scratch from Nami (Just One cookbook), no more buying store-bought Teriyaki sauce because this sauce is very good (I increased the sugar amount because we prefer slightly sweet sauce).. Thanks to Nami for her kind sharing.
Teriyaki chicken meat balls
(recipe source: Teriyaki sauce adapted from Just One Cookbook with minor changes)
Chicken meat balls ingredients
400g minced chicken (better with little fat)
1 onion (small size), chopped
1 sprig spring onion, chopped
1 egg white (small)
1tbsp light soy sauce or to taste
3/4tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp chicken stock powder
1tbsp tapioca flour or corn starch
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 Tbsp. water
1 and ½ Tbsp. sake
1 and ½ Tbsp. mirin
2 tbsp sugar
1 inch onion, grated, including juice
1 inch ginger, grated, including juice
1. Mix minced chicken, onion, spring onion, egg white and all seasonings in a mixing bowl, stir to mix well. Set aside for 1 hour.
2. Shape minced chicken mixture into small ball, place on a frying pan or HappyCall pan, sprinkle little oil, fry till both sides golden brown (took about 5mins).
3. In another saucepan, add in Teriyaki sauce, cook the sauce till sugar dissolved over low flame.
4. Pour Teriyaki sauce into frying pan with chicken balls, cook until the sauce is reduced a bit. Use spoon to pour on top of chicken balls a couple of times while you are cooking.
5. Serve warm with steamed white rice.
I use this grater that i bought from Osaka, can grate very fine ginger and onion or etc..
Also use the new HappyCall Pan (HCP) to pan fry the chicken meat ball, very good pan, no oil spill while cooking..
Actually i brought quite a lot of kitchenware from Osaka, this aluminium saucepan was one of them. I bought at very good price (about RM 12) and the aluminium is thick.
I bet my kids will enjoy this bento lunch..
Happy Weekend ahead to all...