If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, November 19, 2012

Simple Homemade Chocolate Sauce


When you run out of chocolate and whipping cream to make chocolate sauce, don't worry, you can also use cocoa powder and water to make this simple and nice chocolate sauce at home.

IMG_2808 copy

IMG_2811 copy


Simple Homemade Chocolate Sauce
(recipe source: adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen)

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
IMG_2808 copy 1 cup sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
1 1/2tsp vanilla extract

Method
1. In a cold saucepan, whisk together the cocoa and the sugar until all lumps are removed.
2. Add the salt and the water and bring to a boil over medium to medium high heat.
3. Reduce to a simmer; stirring constantly. Simmer for about 30 seconds and then remove from heat. Let cool and then add vanilla.
4. Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate until needed.

This time my dear hubby helped me to hold the spoon and do the action when i taking these pictures, hehehe..Thanks dear..


IMG_2815 copy

11 comments:

Mel said...

Oh oh oh....yummy chocolate sauce....i have it for my ice cream, pancakes, and even on fruits too! U made chocolate sauce and I just made Nama Chocolate!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Hohoho, you & Mel also posted something about chocolate, don't tempt me lah, I'm still recovering from my marathon of sore throat! I like chocolate very much, chocolate sauce also sapu, hahaha!

Unknown said...

Easy chocolate sauce with easy available ingredients. Great!

Angelic Heart~ said...

i love chocolate~ this recipe is so simple,i can make it any time!

Small Kucing said...

ooo it;s so easy. I sure wont mess up this :p

Amelia said...

Hi Sonia, I love your chocolate sauce ,it look so good. Very versatile can go with pancake, crepe, etc....

Have a nice week ahead.

mui mui said...

Sonia,
This chocolate sauce of yours is so handy. Simple and easy. I bet it is tasty too!!
Thanks for sharing!!
mui..^^

Ana Regalado said...

Love the simple recipe , Sonia ! I bet this is much cheaper than buying Hershey's :D

Alice said...

thks for sharing this simple recipe, Sonia
yes, sometimes i just have no cream and no chocolate to melt to make chocolate sauce :)

lena said...

nice to know that this can be made using cocoa powder, sounds even easier !

caren said...

May i know how long can we keep in the fridge??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin