The other day i cooked this Nyonya cincalok omelette to enjoy with porridge for a light lunch.. Tasted like shrimp paste /belacan fried eggs, and one item you must add in this omelettle is onion, the sweetness from onion just perfectly contrast with salty cincalok (fermented small shrimps).
I bought this blue patterned enamel plate from Bali, and noticed they also like to use this kind of Chinese made enamel plates..And today i found another nice enamel plate, check out last picture in this post..
Nyonya Cincalok Omelette
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
80g fresh shrimps
1 onion, sliced
1tsp light soy sauce
6tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, sauté onion till fragrant.
2. Add in fresh shrimps, sprinkle light soy sauce, sauté till prawn changed color.
3. Add pepper into eggs, pour into the pan.
4. Use your finger, squeeze out as much as water from cincalok and spread cincalok on top of the egg.
5. Once the omelette starts to set, flip it over and brown the other side.
6. Dish out and serve hot with congee or rice.
The quality of this enamel plate is very good, thick and nice print. The owner of the shop told me that we can't find this kind of old-fashioned plate anymore. They left only few of this plates..