If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Macarons with White Chocolate ganache and Raspberry sauce


My daughter has been requesting me to make macarons together ( now she loves macarons and her friends too). Finally i find a peaceful day to make macarons again with my prefer Pierre Herme's recipe (using Italian meringue method).


IMG_3053 copy

my daughter suggested to have white chocolate filling, so i make some raspberry sauce to pair with it. I was try to reduce the sweetness but i still feel they were too sweet for my liking, but my daughter has no problem with it...
IMG_3041


IMG_3043

IMG_3054 copy

Do you like how i packed them? and probably like to buy them?
IMG_3094 copy


This was how i packed them and my daughter brought some to her friends when they had a good movie (Twilight part 2) together the other day.

IMG_3090 copy


IMG_3065 copy


IMG_3071 copy


IMG_3101 copy


Macarons with White Chocolate ganache and Raspberry sauce
recipe source: adapted from old recipe here, Pierre Herme's recipe

Almond mixture
IMG_3050 copy 100g almond meal
100g icing sugar
38g egg whites
A pinch of salt

Meringue
38g egg whites (aged egg white)
100g caster sugar
25g water

Raspberry sauce
120g raspberry
50ml water
20g sugar

White chocolate ganache
105g white chocolate
45g dairy whipping cream

Pink food colouring

Macarons
1. Sift almond meal and icing sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Cook sugar and water until it reaches 118C.
3. When the syrup reaches 105C, start beat egg white until medium peaks (I actually started to beat egg white when syrup reaches 90 C because I use hand mixer)
4. When syrup reaches 118C (remove from heat when reaches 116C because the temperature still increase using the remaining heat), pour it into egg whites on low speed.
5. Turn speed to medium high and beat meringue until stiff and glossy. While beating meringue, mix almond mixture with egg white and salt, set aside.
6. Stir 1/3 of meringue into almond mixture, add pink coloring and mix well. Fold the balance meringue.
7. Place batter into a piping bag with a plain 1cm nozzle. Pipe dollops of batter onto a lined baking tray (non-stick paper).
8. Preheat oven to 150C (fan on), bake for 14-15 minutes on the lower 3rd of oven. Remove from tray (with paper) and let it rest on a rack to cool down. Store in air-tight container before putting the filling
9. Sandwich between two macaron shells with raspberry sauce and white chocolate ganache and store in the fridge before consume.
Raspberry sauce
1. Mix raspberry, water and sugar in a saucepan, cook till thick paste. Set aside to cool.

White chocolate ganache
1. Melt white chocolate over a bowl of simmering water (double boil method).
2. Add in cream, and mix well.
3. Set aside to cool down before pipe on macarons.

67 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This is not easy to make...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

yeah, i'm early today...

ann low said...

This is too pretty to eat! Love your packing :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

Woo..nice macaroons and your packing, i love it...

Mel said...

Getting very professional baked as well as packing too! Beautiful, just beautiful!!

Joceline Lor said...

美到不行了。。。。。。惩罚sonia请我吃这个。

因为Sonia吃咖哩虾没有叫我。哈哈哈哈哈。。。。。。

0620 said...

Bet your gal's friends will love the packing and the "content" very much :)

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

This is so gorgeous, I love the fact that you've put in a raspberry into the macaron... would be a lovely surprise to bite into.

Tracy Low said...

哎哟哟,真的很漂亮哦!
我又学习到一个新的filling了。
袋子漂亮到爆啦!

Unknown said...

Very pro looking. Love the way you packed the macarons individually into small bag before placing them in a box.

Spencer said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I reckon I could eat about 100 of them.

Unknown said...

漂亮又高贵的macarons,你真的很厉害,暂时我还没勇气挑战,因为怕输。。哈哈哈哈!

Unknown said...

I love the macarons, i love the individual packing. Look like those grand macaron selling at the retail shop. But yet I haven't tried one before...Please send me one. thanks

jehanne@thecookingdoctor said...

wow Sonia, the packaging is just exquisite and romantic! Where did you get the packaging done, you might as well sell those beauties as your macs turned out so gorgeous! Love the colours, love the photos.

Lisa Ho said...

OMG... Sonia
so so so Cantikkkk :D
I wish I could grab one :)

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

wow sonia, this big project until today I still not dare to try it out, but u did it so pro.

Next time, put in the macaron la, why give us empty bag, hahahaha!

Artsylicious said...

Sonia, I haven't tried macaroon yet! I'm intimidated by the method! should I try it??

Sally said...

你真的好厉害哦,什么糕点都难不倒你。。
做得好漂亮连包装都那么美。。。
我不贪心,要一个就好呵呵。。。。

Casey said...

真的好美哦!
马卡龙美,包装也美,好棒!

PH said...

Sonia, your macarons are so perfect! And I like the packing, very pretty and cute. Got sell at Kedai Runcit kah? Hee..hee...

Li Shuan said...

The macaroni are perfectly done. So beautiful packing, I love it. Lucky me to have some beautiful packaging materials from u too.

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , thanks for reminding me to make my 9th attempt ! lol Will try this Italian meringue method the next time :D Anyway , your macs look absolutely gorgeous ! Love the packaging !

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Well Well Well~~ Sonia~~~
haha... i wish to start my macaron adventure in tis few days~~
wish me gd luck pls~~~ haha!!!

ur macaron giving me a young lady feels~~~ Love it~!!!

Karen said...

wow..beautiful macaroons, till today i still dare not to try this ler, hehe.. love the packing, it looks so sweet.. :)

Annie's Journal said...

Sonia, your macaroons look so dainty. It match with the pretty packaging too:)

Jade said...

light pink, nice color with the packaging...

qasim1801 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Little Space said...

Oh boy, these look really tempting and the colour so refreshing. Wish I can pair these with my durian mousse cake. Guess...the westerner would probably pengsan straight away when they smell it. haha......
Have a lovely evening dear.
Kristy

daphne said...

how pretty and thoughtful! I would be in awe if i have a gift like that..especially the bite of a surprise raspberry in the middle!

irene myme said...

wow...so beautiful! I guess the packaging must be from Japan. So nice lor!!

BTW, remember the little milk bottle, I saw them at a SG bakery supplies store today.
It is selling at SGD$1.80 per bottle. It is overpriced here, at Taiwan it is selling about SGD$0.60++ after conversion.

Baby Sumo said...

Sonia, your macarons are simply gorgeous! Next time can I order some from you? Hehe.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sui sui sui, I like every thing in this post though I'm not a big fan of macarons. Love the fabric, love the shape of the macarons, love the packaging, love the fillings, see, don't lie to you want, haha!

busygran said...

Very pretty and the colour is so sweet and nice!

Small Kucing said...

wow...its like Christmas came early :)

makcikmanggis said...

Whoaaa...kagum :) macarons yg sungguh cantik.sayang nak makan.

saya selalu gagal bila buat Macaron..tiada kaki....tak cantik ..macam biskut saja....sekarang sudah putus asa :(

Sissi said...

Your photo has totally blow me away! I cannot believe you have made such macarons without ten years of professional training.
Accidentally I consider Pierre Hermé as the God of macarons, so I am thrilled to see you have used his recipe. I will never forget the first time I tastes his macarons.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
divya said...

looks awesome n gorgeous clicks

ALONETANU94 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hasna said...

Thts awesome. Ddnt try italian meringue fr macarons yet.... Ths luks perfect

Sem said...

This is so sweet, i like the gift bag, where do you buy this?

Bakericious said...

Sonia, this is one of the prettiest macarons that I ever seen, really love the color and look, especially the surprise raspberry sauce in between the filling, wosai, sure very delicious. And I love your gift pack too, wish I am the one who receive this gift pack hahaha...

ogyep yummy mellow said...

Hi Sonia,
my kids have been begging me for macaroons for quite sometimes already.. BUt, thinking of the sweetness makes me think twice.. so, to bake or not to bake...

Wendy的记事本 said...

It seems like so difficult!
However I will try to make it(^_^)
Thanks for your sharing!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I am still thinking to bake it or not due to the sweetness!
Your macorons look very beautiful, well done!

Ching said...

Very nicely wrapped! Looks so pretty and yummy!

温馨小屋 said...

粉红粉红的,好可爱好美 ~

Amelia said...

Hi Sonia, lovely macarons. The light pink look so sweet and pretty. Excellent picture.

Have a nice day.

jony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chef and Sommelier said...

Sonia, that's very sweet macaroons and packaging. You can open a shop, really.

lena said...

the macarons are so lovely and yes, very nice packaging too! you selling the packaging?

Gabriela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen, Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

Lovely looking, even the packaging is so sweet looking.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sem, I will drop you an email.

Alice said...

this is so lovely, Sonia
nice macaron with perfect filling
love the packaging too!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

My husband keeps telling me to make macarons and I tell him he's crazy (considering I don't bake often). Your macarons are so dreamy and beautiful. Today I put away things I received from you from the suitcase and thought of you. :) Thank you again!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MK Moon said...

must be delicious!!

mui mui said...

Sonia,
this is so lovely. The macaroon looks sweet with that colour and the packaging is sweet n unique. Where do you bought those sticker and packaging pockets?
mui..^^

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

Gorgeous & sweet macarons! Love the idea of adding raspberry sauce with white chocolate filling! The pictures are so lovely! Awesome! :)

Nadji said...

Bravo Sonia, tes macarons sont très réussis. Ils sont magnifiques.
L'emballage est très beau.
Moi aussi, je les trouve très sucrés.
Je pense que le seul moyen de diminuer un peu le sucre est de faire une farce un peu acide comme le citron.
See soon

Orchidea said...

Your macarons look so good.. perfect and I love how you packed them... so sweet. I would definitely buy them!
Ciao.

obat kanker payudara said...

thanks for your informations!!

Hidayah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

These macarons are absolutely dreamy and I can't wait to whip up another batch. Hopefully it I will success in baking a batch. Love the flavour combination too. xoxo

Eileen Ang said...

Hi, your macaroons look so pretty :)
May I know where you get those packaging from? I have been searhing without any luck. Really appreaciate if you could share the info.
Thanks in advance

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Eileen, I got those packaging from Taobao China online. If you want to know more details, please drop me an email.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin