My daughter has been requesting me to make macarons together ( now she loves macarons and her friends too). Finally i find a peaceful day to make macarons again with my prefer Pierre Herme's recipe (using Italian meringue method).
my daughter suggested to have white chocolate filling, so i make some raspberry sauce to pair with it. I was try to reduce the sweetness but i still feel they were too sweet for my liking, but my daughter has no problem with it...
Do you like how i packed them? and probably like to buy them?
This was how i packed them and my daughter brought some to her friends when they had a good movie (Twilight part 2) together the other day.
Macarons with White Chocolate ganache and Raspberry sauce
recipe source: adapted from old recipe here, Pierre Herme's recipe
100g almond meal
100g icing sugar
38g egg whites
A pinch of salt
38g egg whites (aged egg white)
100g caster sugar
White chocolate ganache
105g white chocolate
45g dairy whipping cream
Pink food colouring
1. Sift almond meal and icing sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Cook sugar and water until it reaches 118C.
3. When the syrup reaches 105C, start beat egg white until medium peaks (I actually started to beat egg white when syrup reaches 90 C because I use hand mixer)
4. When syrup reaches 118C (remove from heat when reaches 116C because the temperature still increase using the remaining heat), pour it into egg whites on low speed.
5. Turn speed to medium high and beat meringue until stiff and glossy. While beating meringue, mix almond mixture with egg white and salt, set aside.
6. Stir 1/3 of meringue into almond mixture, add pink coloring and mix well. Fold the balance meringue.
7. Place batter into a piping bag with a plain 1cm nozzle. Pipe dollops of batter onto a lined baking tray (non-stick paper).
8. Preheat oven to 150C (fan on), bake for 14-15 minutes on the lower 3rd of oven. Remove from tray (with paper) and let it rest on a rack to cool down. Store in air-tight container before putting the filling
9. Sandwich between two macaron shells with raspberry sauce and white chocolate ganache and store in the fridge before consume.
1. Mix raspberry, water and sugar in a saucepan, cook till thick paste. Set aside to cool.
White chocolate ganache
1. Melt white chocolate over a bowl of simmering water (double boil method).
2. Add in cream, and mix well.
3. Set aside to cool down before pipe on macarons.