During the recent visit to Kyoto and Osaka Japan, i ordered Gyoza almost in every meal because I love gyoza very much..And i like the gyoza served in 餃子玉将shop the most.
Previously i either use store-bought Chinese dumpling wrappers or do my own wrapper, see my old post .Recently I find this Japanese gyoza wrapper is good, you can get it from Tesco..
I even made my own La-Yu (Japanese chili oil ) to add into dipping sauce, just fry dried chili with cooking oil.
I also put up a post to show you how to wrap dumplings or gyoza..check here.
Japanese Gyoza (Potstickers) 餃子(recipe source : by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover, dipping sauce adapted from Nami Just One Cookbook) *makes 28pcs
350g minced pork (prefer with some fat)
100g cabbage, chopped finely
1 stalk spring onion, chopped finely
1tsp grated ginger
1/2tbsp Japanese light soy sauce
1/2tsp Mirin (updated on 30 Jan 2015- change to 1tsp)
1/2tsp sake (updated on 30 Jan 2015-change to 1tsp)
3/4tsp salt or to taste
Pepper ( updated on 30 Jan 2015- to omit )
200g Gyoza wrappers
For each frying
1tbsp rice vinegar
1tbsp soy sauce
1/8tsp La-Yu (Japanese chili oil ) – I use homemade chili oil, just deep fry dried chili with cooking oil, take chili oil and discard the fried chili.
1. Mix filling ingredients in a mixing bowl, use a pair of chopsticks or use hand to mix till sticky.
2. Wrap filling with gyoza wrappers, refer how to wrap dumpling or gyoza steps.
3. In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When the pan is hot, place Gyoza in a row (touching each other) at the center and place the rest of gyoza to fill up the entire pan.
4. Fry gyoza till bottom turned golden brown, add in water and immediately cover with the lid, steam Gyoza till most of water evaporates.
5. Remove gyoza to a serving plate, and serve hot with dipping sauce (just mix all seasonings together).
包菜100 克, 切碎
Mirin 味醂1 茶匙
Sake 日本米酒1 茶匙
2. 将皮的边缘用手指蘸点水润湿, 然后将约一汤匙的猪肉混合馅放在一张饺子皮的中心。将皮对折使馅完全包在皮内，然后封上。
4. 再加水到煎锅里，盖上锅，让锅里的水蒸汽将饺子蒸熟，直到水完全蒸发即好。在一小碗里，把酱油和米醋混匀，然后放入姜丝, 用来作为煎饺的蘸汁