Finally i also 败 ( shopaholic) one heart shape chiffon pan after seeing so many Chinese blogger's beautiful heart shape chiffon pan. And this is a most expensive baking pan among all my baking pans, but i think every baker should have one, this is too cute and beautiful !! If you ask me whether i will sell this in my Kedai runcit (shop), don't think i can carry this expensive stock in my kedai, hehehe..
Also i would like to Thanks to a Hong Kong blogger who helped me to buy this pan and some other baking items, sorry for not telling her name here because i don't want to caught her in trouble later, hahaha..
this beautiful heart shape chiffon pan is made in Japan (by Cakeland) , that's why the price is high ...
I got this for about RM 1xx for a small 17cm size of pan.. Will you buy one baking pan with such high price?
record down my 1st baking experience with this new pan..
My 1st heart shape chiffon actually was not perfect..I am not sure why the cake drop off automatically from the cake pan before i can remove it from the pan, maybe i should bake it a bit longer next time..
Luckily the recipe i chosen, made this not perfect chiffon to a beautiful chiffon..
This chocolate chiffon cake is rich in chocolate, moist and spongy,,so good! This time i use chocolate powder instead of cocoa powder..And i guess this cake is perfect for Birthday too..
Rich Chocolate chiffon cake 巧克力心型威风蛋糕
(recipe source: adapted from cookbook Home Baking, with changes)
*makes a 17cm chiffon
For the chiffon
3 egg yolks (large)
40g corn oil
70g dark chocolate
15g cocoa powder or chocolate powder
1/4tsp baking soda
35g cake flour
3 egg white (large)
For cake decoration
Whipped cream (whip 80g dairy whipping cream with 10g sugar over a bowl of iced water)
1. Melt dark chocolate in a bowl over a bowl of simmering water. Add in milk and combine well, set aside.
2. Whisk egg yolk and sugar, add in corn oil, stir well.
3. Add in cocoa powder and melted chocolate, combine well.
4. Add in cake flour and baking soda, mix well.
5. Beat egg white till foamy, gradually add in sugar (3 times) and beat till soft peak.
6. Use a hand whisk, fold 1/3 egg white into egg yolk batter, stir well.
7. Fold in the balance egg white, combine well.
8. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 30-35mins.
9. Invert the cake pan and remove cake from pan once cake completed cool down.
10. Decorate with cream, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and mint leaves and store in the fridge before consume.