My sisters and mother are going to Taiwan tomorrow, this time my turn to take care my sister's children. I think it is fair, because everytime i went for "tumpang trip", they helped me to take care my children, hehehe..From tomorrow onwards, I have to cook for 9 peoples, start headache what to cook..
Ok, come back to this dish, this Minchi dish is totally new to me, at first look at the name, something like French cuisine and sound difficult to cook..After checking through the recipe, it is just a simple recipe..Minchi dish is a traditional dish from Macau, a simple recipe made by minced meat (beef or pork), potato, onion & etc..When you refer the Chinese name of this dish 免治, actually is refer to minced meat..
After eating this dish, i feel like want to visit Macau soon, ^_^..
I was amazing this simple recipe still resulted a great taste, and definitely a comfort dish.
If you are running idea what to cook especially in a lazy weekend, try this dish, you will love it!
I find Minchi also can be turned to a great filling for any pie, tart or rolls..I use the leftover Minchi and turned into rolls using puff pastry the next morning, YUM YUM!
This time, I cook by mixing minced beef and pork, you can also just cook it using beef. My advise is to deep fry potato cubes till brown for better flavours.
Macanese Minchi 澳門式免治
(recipe source: adapted from Terri aka Hunger Hunger and groud recipe, with minor changes)
400g ground beef
250g ground pork
3 medium potatoes, cut in small cubes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bay leaves
2tbsp light soya sauce
2tbsp dark soya sauce
1/2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2tsp cumin powder
A dash of black pepper powder
1/2tsp sugar or to taste
Salt to taste
1. Deep fry potato cubes till golden brown, set aside.
2. Remain 3tbsp of cooking in the wok, sauté garlic and onion till aroma.
3. Add in bay leaf, ground beef and pork, stir fry and breaking up the meat. Fry in medium-high heat until meat has turned white.
4. Add light and dark soy sauce, stir to mix well.
5. Lower the heat, cover for a couple of minutes, checking now and then to make sure the mixture doesn't burn.
6. Add in Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cumin powder, sugar and salt to taste.
7. Add in fried potato cubes, stir well and dish out.
8. Serve with rice, vegetables and fried egg.