This morning i was so happy to find out this pink hokkaido cupcake liner is in stock (not many in stock actually, selling fast), and the new stock of blue hokkaido cupcake liners also arrived (you may check out in my kedai runcit page). Immediately use it to make this Strawberry Hokkaido cupcakes.
I use back the old recipe and simply replaced custard powder with fresh strawberry puree, wow, this strawberry cream is better than custard cream..tangy and sweet, nice!
Strawberry Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes 草莓北海道牛奶蛋糕
(recipe source: use back old recipe with minor changes)
*makes 9 cupcakes
3 egg yolks (large)
35g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites (large)
60g dairy whipping cream
45g fresh strawberry puree
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C.
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about 90% full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (over a bowl of iced water).
12. Add in strawberry puree, mix well.
13. Pipe strawberry cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.
I am actually still prefer old sweet blue liners but my daugter like this pink liner, which colour do you like?