Deep fry Daun Kaduk (Wild Betel leaves) can be tasted so aromatic, and dip it with this Tomato & Shallots dipping sauce, they are just so perfect. My kids who are not fancy on eating leaf ^_^ also eaten until non-stop.
I was imitated this special and nice tomato & shallot dipping sauce from a dish we taken during last Bangkok trip. The dish we ordered was fried kangkung to dip with this dipping sauce..
Home-grown daun kaduk (wild betel leaf)..
I still use my prefer crispy batter to deep fry with this daun kaduk
Deep fried Daun kaduk (Wild Betel Leaf)(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)*makes 30pcs daun kaduk
30 Daun kaduk leaves (Betel leaves), wash and clean, pat dry1 quantity of Crispy batter for frying
- Dip Daun Kaduk leaf in the batter, thinly coat.
- Deep fry in hot cooking oil over low medium heat till golden and crispy.
- Enjoy with tomato & shallots dipping sauce.Tomato & Shallots dipping sauce1 cup hot water2tbsp sugar¼ tomato, chopped3 shallots, sliced3 garlic, chopped1tsp chopped coriander1tbsp light soy sauce1tbsp fish sauce2tbsp lime juicesMethod
- Melt sugar in hot water, set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients in the water, mix well.