I made this Italian plum cake yesterday with plums from South Africa, it was like butter cake bake in tart or pie pan with some stone fruits..Nevertheless, it was nice and buttery !
After this post, I will go off for another "tumpang trip" , and back after a week..
After google for few recipes, all almost using the same ingredients like making a butter cake..So I use my usual butter cake recipe to make the base..
When I preparing this cake, I realized that there is no stock of milk and cinnamon powder in my pantry..You know how i proceed with my cake? I use creamer (for Nescafe use) and add hot water so it became milk. And I replaced mixed spices powder (use for kek lapis last time) with cinnamon powder. Luckily it still turned out good ^_^..
Italian plum cake(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes a 10” round tart/pie pan with removable base
125g unsalted butter, room temperature100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2tsp baking powder
125g cake flour
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp light brown sugarCinnamon powder or mixed spices powder
3 plums, sliced
- Pre-heated oven at 170C (fan forced).
- Line tart pan with paper, grease side with butter.
- Beat butter, sugar and salt till pale and creamy.
- Add egg one at a time, and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add in milk, sift in flour and baking powder, beat to combine well.
- Arrange plum slices on top of the batter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Bake for 35mins, or until cake is golden brown.
Where am I going this time? From the title of this post, you then know where am I going ^_^
I have prepared few scheduled post for my last year trip to Bali, feel free to check it out later.
My return flight is on the day of 13th Malaysia General Election. I cross my fingers, and start to pray for no flight delay and no luggage delay, so I can drop my value vote!! See you all soon..take care..