This time I made a new rice cake, that using cooked rice, and it taste quite similar to Chinese steamed white rice cake ( 白糖糕）, very nice rice aroma, soft and has slight QQ texture !! Thanks to Zila for kind sharing.
These are the ingredients used..i halved the original recipe.
prefer to use overnight rice for better fermentation..
This is the batter before rest..
After rest for 3hrs, volume have increased few times more..
Steamed rice sponge cake (Apam Tepung Beras aka Apam Salju) 蒸米糕(recipe source: adapted from Zila4ever)
120g cooked rice (prefer overnight rice)290g water
140g plain flour
90g rice flour
70g light brown sugar
55g coarse sugar
1/2tsp instant yeast
Red food coloring
- Blend rice with water till fine.
- Add in light brown sugar and coarse sugar, continue to blend till smooth mixture.
- Mix plain flour, rice flour and yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Add in rice water mixture into flour, stir to combine well, add in colouring.
- Cover with cling film and rest for 3hours.
- Brush the molds with some cooking oil, fill in batter till full.
- Prepare steamer, when water boil put in the mini sponge cake, steam for 15mins.
- When cake turned slightly cool, remove the cake from the mold.