If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baked Tomato Pasta with Cheese


Actually I am not intend to make any post today. Mui Mui -My Little Favourite DIY yesterday message me that her Tomato event will only end by 4th Apr, ask me whether anymore tomato post to submit..So as to support her, I post this baked pasta with cheese which I encore from my previous post..My kids very often request me to make this pasta for them as they love the baked cheese on top..





Nowadays I don't quite like to use ready pasta tomato sauce, instead I like to cook it with Italian tomato puree..And this time I did a simple way, just minced chicken with tomato puree..







Baked Pasta with Cheese
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*serves 4-5

375g ground meat (beef or chicken)
350g Spaghetti
1 onion, chopped
4 garlics, chopped
1 and ½ cup Italian tomato puree
3tbsp olive oil
Sweet basil leaves ( I use local basil this time)
Black pepper powder
1tsp and 1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp sugar or to taste
Some parsley flakes

350g shredded mozzarella cheese

Method

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions( add 1tbsp salt and Olive oil in boiling water)

2. Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic with 3tbsp olive oil till brown.
3. Add in ground meat, stir fry until color changed.

4. Add in tomato puree and basil leaves,continue to cook for 10-15mins.

5. Add in seasonings and black pepper powder, put cooked spaghetti into meat sauce, mix well (if sauce is dry, add some spaghetti water).

6. Turn off fire, sprinkle parsley flakes on top.

7. In a casserole dish, add in spaghetti with meat sauce, top with cheese. Bake 7-10mins at 200c pre-heated oven(set to grill function).



8. Serve hot, enjoy!



This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui my little favourite DIY with the event title "Tomato" ..



36 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I made spaghetti for lunch too, but not as delicious like yours; with the baked cheese topping it sure does added more tastier, right.

Bakericious said...

Sonia, thanks for sharing a good dinner idea, I am sure my gal will like this.

Baby Sumo said...

Lovely comforting lunch, Sonia. I also dont like to use ready pasta sauce... too tart for me.

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

这个一看就知好吃,
mmmm。。。。。浓浓的芝士味,
太诱惑了!

My Little Space said...

Yummm... I too love homemade tomato puree. Tasty good.

Esther Lau said...

Wah, hor liao !!!! I want to eat ..... ^_^

Min said...

Thanks for sharing! I love this, with so much of cheese and tomatoes, will try it one day!

divya said...

wow looks awesome, stunning clicks dear:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

With the added baked cheese, who could resist? ;)

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I like this small rectangle ramekin, something that I haven't seen before in this size or is it just the photo effect? I'm too lazy to bake pasta becoz takes longer time but it certainly taste much better! It looks really good in the picture!

蚊子 said...

I quite often to make paste for my lunch~ love pasta! :p

PH said...

Sonia, looks very sedap lah! I think I want to try this pasta very soon. I no more dieting hee..hee...

lena said...

i nvr tried baking pasta, i must also try it soon :)

Sem said...

I would love to try this as I couldn't cook a good spaghetti though my son always asked me to cook for him.

Angelic Heart~ said...

mouth watering when saw the cheese, simply delicious.

Karen said...

wow, simple, easy and delicious pasta, this is one of my must do recipe..thanks for sharing sonia :)

Artsylicious said...

Sonia, I love the first photo, look very soothing and nice!! I made some french method macarons, look and taste good too.. come to see!

sabrina 莎莎 said...

OMG~~
Nice food with Nice photo~~~
Its really looks tasty~~~

Sokehah cheah said...

I can understand why your kids enjoy this dish. Who wouldn't?

Little blue said...

Me too me too, I also like this pasta so much.

Casey said...

上面铺了多多的芝士丝,一定很好吃,我也喜欢!

Small Kucing said...

Mmm...looks good..

Mich Piece of Cake said...

This pasta looks delicious!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

想问下,topping你放什么cheese??

Yannie said...

Oh boy! This looks terrific, I am so hungry now. This is sinfully delicious.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

looks good...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 , I use 马苏里拉奶酪

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , nothing beats homemade pasta sauce :D Your baked pasta with generous topping of mozzarella cheese looks wonderful and so delicious !

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

hehe...i hv all the ingredients sitting at my kitchen :)

QembarDelites said...

Can understand why this is popular with kids, I would love it too, especially the crusty melted cheese on the top!

MeRy said...

Yummy.......will try your recipe one day.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

This is a perfect weeknight meal that kids would love! I usually use short pasta, but I actually love spaghetti and am going to try with spaghetti next time!

Anonymous said...

Hi hi,

May I know when do you add the 3 tbsp of Olive Oil and how much sugar (1 tsp or 1 tbsp) do you add?

Thanks,
Felicia

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Felicia, I have revised the recipe, please check.

http://dapurresepnusantara.blogspot.com/ said...

I am so hungry now...

Vomail said...

Pleased to know about this pasta dish. I am arranging my best friend’s birthday party and want to prepare new recipe for this event with help of Nom App. They gave step by step guide and hope everyone will like this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin