My kids not only like to eat Spaghetti with meat sauce, they also like to top up with a lot of mozzarella cheese and bake the spaghetti. So this is the baked spaghetti with meat sauce that i usually prepare for them for a quick and simple lunch.
Spaghetti ready to bake with cheese..
Mommy more cheese please...
Baked Spaghetti with meat sauce
(recipe souce: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
250g ground meat (beef or chicken)
1 onion, chopped
4 garlics, chopped
1 and ½ cup pasta sauce
1 Bay leaf
3tbsp olive oil
1/2 green pepper, sliced
100g canned button mushroom, sliced
2tbsp parmesan cheese powder
Some parsley flakes
1tsp salt or to taste
1 and ½ sugar or to taste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic with olive oil till brown.
3. Add in ground meat, stir fry for a while.
4. Add in pasta sauce, bay leaf, mushroom, green pepper and water, continue to cook for 10-15mins.
5. Add in seasonings, put cooked spaghetti into meat sauce, mix well (if sauce is dry, add some spaghetti water).
6. Turn off fire, sprinkle parmesan cheese powder and parsley flakes on top.
7. In a casserole dish, add in spaghetti with meat sauce, top with cheese. Bake 7-10mins at 200c pre-heated oven(set to grill function).
8. Serve hot, enjoy!
Happy Cooking and Happy Weekend ahead ....