This is a very spongy, light and fluffy banana cake which is much lighter than butter cake. Furthermore this recipe don't need egg separation, just using simple sponge cake method. This is a recipe that I going to make again and again.
Spongy Banana Cake
(recipe souce: adapted from Wen's delight, original recipe by Richard Goh)
3 Eggs (medium)
200g Banana (Ripe & cut into small pcs)
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
100g Corn oil
1/8 tsp vanilla Rum, optional (I use homemade vanilla Rum)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2. Grease & line a 8" round tin with paper (i made it into loaf pan).
3. Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together. Sieve twice & set aside.
4. Beat eggs, sugar , Rum & banana at max speed in a mixer till stiff/ribbon stage.
5. Fold in flour & mix well. (either use spatular or hand to mix)
6. Add in corn oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.
7. Bake for 40 - 45mins.
I'm baking a Lemon butter cake right now, to be given out to my sister and mother who love this cake a lot and also for Mother's day celebration, what is your mother's favourite cake from you?
Happy Baking and Happy Mother's day to all !!