If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tiramisu

Tiramisu



I noticed all earlier comments left in lady fingers /savoiardi biscuits are gone missing, i guess due to blogger system broke down yesterday. But don't worry, I had read all your lovely comments. Yesterday i just done this Tiramisu using homemade lady fingers/savoiardi biscuits.



Tiramisu


I even rushed to nearby Starbuck coffee shop to buy a cup of fresh expresso to make this Tiramisu..I want good and fresh coffee since I also use homemade fresh lady fingers, resulted a very fresh and delicious Tiramisu.I adapted the Tiramisu recipe in one of my collection "a year of desserts' book which requires no egg yolks to be added.


Tiramisu cut after 4 hours, the cream is not yet firm..

Tiramisu



Tiramisu cut after kept overnight, easy to cut as the cream has firm up.

Tiramisu



I managed to make a 7" Tiramisu and also use the leftover filling to make another 1 wine glass of Tiramisu. Next time, I will be serving Tiramisu in individual glass, I found this way more handy and presentable.

Tiramisu



Tiramisu
*makes a 7” Tiramisu
( recipe source: adapted from "a year of desserts " book with minor changes )

100ml chilled espresso (can be reduced as I got 25ml leftover)
3tbsp Kahlua

1tsp gelatin
3tsp hot water

250g Mascarpone cheese
30g icing sugar, sifted

250g heavy whipping cream (dairy)

about 40 homemade lady fingers (savoiardi)

chocolate shavings
Cocoa powder

Method
1. Mix chilled espresso with Kahlua in a shallow dish, set aside.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over the hot water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
3. With an electric mixer, beat mascarpone cheese with icing sugar for 1min. Stir in 2tbsp of the chilled coffee (No 1). Mix thoroughly.
4. With the same mixer, continue to beat whipping cream and 1tbsp coffee mixture (No 1) in another mixing clean bowl that place over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water, beat until soft peaks form.
5. Stir a spoonful into of cream into the mascarpone, then fold in the rest and gelatin mixture till smooth.
6. Slightly cut off the end of Savoiardi biscuit, line the side of a 7” with a removable base pan or use a springform pan and also line the base. Brush coffee mixture over the surface of savoiardi biscuit.
7. Spoon half the mixture into the cake pan and smooth the top.
8. Dip one side of each biscuit into the coffee mixture, then arrange on top of the mascarpone mixture in a singer layer.
9. Spoon the rest of the mascarpone mixture over the biscuit layer and smooth the top.
10. Cover with clear film and chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
11. Unmold the cake, sprinkle chocolate shavings and cocoa powder before serving.

Tiramisu


Happy Baking and Happy weekend !!

37 comments:

Pushpa said...

Creamy and delicious tiramisu.

aeshcame said...

oh that tiramisu looks wonderful, and thos elady fingers makes it unique..luvly dear~

茄子 said...

很漂亮噢!

Anonymous said...

you make me miss tiramisu all of a sudden. you should try pionner woman recipe ;) you will not regret. heh

Angie's Recipes said...

A really beautiful tiramisu!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Angie

Wen said...

So delicious looking! Tiramisu is my all time fav!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

好漂亮!!!!那条彩带很出众,衬托蛋糕很美丽:P
昨天部落格生病,我却意外多了时间做了好多东西:)

Wendy的记事本 said...

I also think that tiramisu serve with glass will be easier for handling. I have been thinking of buying Kahlua to make tiramisu.

My Little Space said...

Whoa...from thop to bottom, everything homemade! Bravo. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Blessings, Kristy

susanyee said...

i never try to make tis .bcoz my family dun like tiramisu..

Little Inbox said...

My comments are gone missing too. So bad.
Luckily your tiramisu cheer me up a bit. It's my favourite.

Angela said...

I love the colors you chose to showcase the tiramisu. So pretty and scrumptious looking!

Coraine said...

Wah....speechlessssss...It's been a few years since I've ate tiramisu! Your's made my mouth water....

Cuisine Paradise said...

Gosh!!!! Look at it!!!! So creamy...sooooo yummy!!!!

Unknown said...

i love "tiramisu"very much !!! always ate at starbucks, lazy to make myself...:)

Unknown said...

I always puzzle if I should sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder on tiramisu as it may turn out too bitter, guess using the chocolate shavings is a great idea ^_^

Food Glorious Food! said...

Your blog is fantastic! Love your recipes!I am your latest follower and would like to invite you to follow my space too if you like :)

http://personalfoodjournal.blogspot.com/

Hasna said...

that luks awesome....

Victor said...

I wasn't able to comment on your lady fingers last time, because of the Blogger update. I was hoping that you would make tiramisu, this would be the first dessert that would pop up in my mind if I have lady fingers.

Yours look so inviting. Nicely decorated.

shaz said...

It looks really wonderful. Can't wait to take a bite of that!

daphne said...

happy weekend to you too sonia! What a true "bake your own dessert" baker u r! Not just store bought but U made your own lady finger sponge as well. I love how you rushed to starbucks! LOL Nothing beats real coffee in this!

ann low said...

I love tiramisu and your lovely dessert looks great :)
Happy weekend!

ChrisAu said...

woah.....lovely!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Wow wow Sonia, very nicely done! You know I was thinking of baking a Tiramisu cake for my dad's birthday this year. Will KIV your recipe for reference, thanks for sharing this! ;)

Cooking Gallery said...

I love the look of your tiramisu, it looks so neat! And presenting it in a glass is also a very good idea :).

tigerfish said...

It looks so creamy good on the inside...I feel like having some right now!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I also realise that my precious cooments in my post are all gone :(

I loves the tiramisu cake that u make...

Gingham Girl said...

The individual serving is a great idea. Your Tiramisu looks delicious. -GG-

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, looks good lady, I bet it's delicious!

Blessed Homemaker said...

My kids love tiramisu and you've just tempted me to make one!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks lovely. I love this dessert and you version looks wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

温馨小屋 said...

哇!蛋糕做得很美,做法又简单,找天我也要试试这recipe...

Yummy Bakes said...

Your tiramisu looks very good.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Sigh.... you are killing me now with this gorgeous tiramisu....Amazing pictures and delicious dessert. What a fantastic job!

j3ss kitch3n said...

such a beautiful cake!

Min said...

Sonia, great job! What a pretty cake. I love tiramisu very much especially those with very strong coffee taste, yours look better than those sold outside :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so beautiful! You are such an accomplished cook. Only one suggestion: try using some sweet marsala wine ("Cremovo") next time instead of (or in addition to) Kahlua. The traditional flavor of Tiramisu depends on the unique combination of Marsala and coffee! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin