This is another popular cake among bloggers...
Nothing will goes wrong when chocolate and banana added together, a very soft, moist and flavourful cake. When talk about the cake texture, i don't really appreciate it as I find it was too soft (Chinese better describe this -软绵绵), maybe due to i changed a bit of the recipe.
Chocolate-Bottom Banana Squares
(recipe source : adapted from Mins' blog, 1st posted by Hearty Bakes, with minor changes)
125g butter, softened
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp vanilla / Rum
220g ripe bananas (mashed)
180g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Line the base of a 8” square baking pan (removable base) with baking paper.
2. Sieve flour, baking soda and baking powder, add in salt and set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Drizzle in the eggs, vanilla/Rum and mashed bananas, beating thoroughly.
5. Add in flour mixture and mix it well.
6. Divide the batter into half. Add the cocoa powder to one portion of the batter. Spread cocoa batter in the baking pan then followed by another half of plain batter. Smooth the top.
7. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 30mins or test batter done with a toothpick or fork.
9. Cool and cut into squares to serve.
Since yesterday till now, i still couldn't leave message in other blog, do you encounter this problem or just my computer's problem? please tell me..Thanks.
Happy Baking !!