If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken rice)

Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken and rice)


Usually I buy free range chicken / organic chicken (Ayam Kampung) to make Chinese herbs soup, never thought it can be deep fried till crispy as I thought the meat will be tough and hard after deep fried....


















Until I tried a plate of Nasi Ayam Kampung in a kopitiam ( cafe) near my area, love the crunchy skin and no doubt the meat is still hard but the meat is very flavourful and tasty. No wonder this is a famous Malay dish.

For your information:-
Ayam Kampung - free range chicken
Nasi - rice
goreng - deep fried


Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken and rice)


I served this with simple butter rice (this time i added more grated carrot, use Jasmine rice and did not add turmeric powder), you can serve this with nasi lemak too.

Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken and rice)


This is my version of Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng....

Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken and rice)
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

1 free range chicken (Ayam Kampung), about 1kg, cut into 4 chunks

Seasonings
1tbsp turmeric powder
1tsp chili powder
1tsp salt or to taste
1tbsp light soy sauce

Method
1. Mix all seasonings with chicken, marinate for 1hour or more.
2. Deep fry till crispy and really crunchy.
3. Serve hot with rice and vegetables.

Nasi Ayam Kampung goreng (Deep fried Chicken and rice)

Happy Cooking !!


29 comments:

Shaz (feedingmykidsbetter) said...

Looks really good! May I ask what do you for deep-frying? Deep-frying at home scares me! Splatter and loads of used oil.... But who can resist fried food now and then? ;)

yummylittlecooks said...

Hi, I also dare not to fried free range chicken,now maybe will try......your fried chicken look sooo yummy...

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Looks yummy! I'd love to try this recipe one day. Seasnings look delicious. Yum!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

鸡肉看起来很脆,这样的配搭很棒喔:P

Jeannie said...

This looks delilicious! I like the skin alot!

Bake for a Queen said...

OMG my favourite!!! u r making me soooo hungry =D

Three-Cookies said...

I thought it would be tough too, good to know. Will also remember the term kampung for my next visit to KL!

Cuisine Paradise said...

Looking at the drumstick makes me drool........

kimberlycun said...

cant believe only so few ingredients! have to try this, thanks!

Pete said...

Ayam kampung healthy lah....less oil...

daphne said...

I never like to do any deep frying but yours looks soo good..and a good fix for those days that one crave for some crispy food! Tumeric in the chicken is the secret hey? now i know!

pigpigscorner said...

Looks so good! I like ayam goreng, love the chewy texture and so tasty!

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

WOW ... this sounds so quick and painless. Tempting pics!!!

marianna franchi said...

Ottimo piatto e bella la presentazione.. complimenti! Un abbraccio e buonissima serata

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

I like to cook using not many ingredient and this is someting easy to prepare. Thanks for the info about using grated carrots in rice instead of kunyit. Look like I have to sow some more carrots. Never enough in the kitchen.

divya said...

Wow tempting and delicious,looks so inviting.

Food Glorious Food! said...

YOur rice and chicken are perfectly cooked! So professional! Bravo!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good! I haven't have a deep-fried Malay style chicken for ages.

Alice said...

looks yummy! my kids definitely will love this - thks for sharing :)

ICook4Fun said...

Nicely fried chicken. I cook something similar too last week and also had it with garliky carrot rice. Great mind thinks alike :)

Little Inbox said...

I would love to serve the chicken with nasi lemak. Very delicious!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves fried chicken!!!

hanushi said...

ooo, this looks great... I wish I can bite the chicken off the screen. :)

Barbara said...

This looks wonderful! Who doesn't love fried chicken?? And the jasmine butter rice with the carrots is picture perfect.

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

I have almost forgotten about this turmeric fried chicken. It looks delicious and you are making me crave it now. You did a great job frying the chicken as it looks so dry and crunchy!

Shu Han said...

wow so little ingredients? I'm definitely trying this! it looks simple enough but so tasty looking!

Anonymous said...

How I love this kampung style ayam goreng. Yours are cooked to perfection. Love the golden brown and dropsy skin.

Kenny Mah said...

The free range or kampung chicken's flesh may be a tad chewier but the flavour is so much better than battery-farm hens. And your fried version of it looks yummilicious! :D

li said...

I heard that if you brine the free range chicken it will be more moist although it will retain it's chewy character.
I was doing some research on the internet about kampung chicken sold in wet markets. I found some interesting stuff that made me freaked out.

http://healthpromotionblog.wordpress.com/2007/06/03/the-kampong-chicken-factory/

http://dqcleanchicken.com/Terminology.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SCW22p-huHw


Nowdays I'm buying free range green chicken/wheatgrass chicken online direct from the suppliers. I think they're value for money in terms of quality. Like the saying "You are what you eat"




Blog Widget by LinkWithin