If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Minced meat & baked bean with rice

Minced meat & baked bean with rice


Yesterday I was run out of idea what to cook for dinner, checked inside kitchen cabinet and saw 1 can of baked bean and 1 can of luncheon meat. "Ting" i recall a recipe in Pig Pig's corner's and this recipe is her all time favourite, minced meat & baked bean with rice, and a sunny side up egg.




Minced meat & baked bean with rice


Now this rice also become my family's favourite, so simple to prepare and very delicious. Thanks to Pig Pig Corner's for sharing. I use to cook baked beans with minced meat too but her seasonings are difference from mine and resulted a very good baked bean dish.
Beside baked beans and egg, I also topped up with fried lunchen meat and brocolli (at least some green for this canned food meal)

Minced meat & baked bean with rice


Minced meat & baked bean with rice
*serves five
(recipe source: adapted from Pig Pig's corner with minor changes)


1 large onion, diced
1 can (450g) baked beans (I use baked beans in tomato paste AYAM brand)
250g minced meat ( I used pork)

Seasonings:
1/2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2tbsp Thai sweet & sour chili sauce
1tbsp Oyster sauce
3/4tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp black pepper powder
1tsp dark soy sauce, optional (just to make the sauce look darker)


Method
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, sauté onions till soft.
2. Add minced meat, stir fry until cooked and dry.
3. Mix in baked beans and some water.
4. Add seasonings to taste.
5. Cook the sauce till thicken.
6. Serve immediately with rice and a sunny side up egg, vegetables and fried luncheon meat (as per your choice).

Minced meat & baked bean with rice

Happy Cooking !!


27 comments:

Wen said...

Look simply delicious! How I wish this is my lunch! Great idea for simple meal.

cikmanggis said...

yum yum:) kita kena kreatif jika bahan bahan yang ada terhad..kecemasan hehe.Cm suka sangat makan nasi dengan telur mata kerbau..tuangkan kicap atasnya..fulamak boleh tambah 3 pinggan ma:)

Agnes CF Lee said...

great idea for my dinner tonite! have been cracking my head what to cook for dinner.

Small Small Baker said...

Reminds me of my mum cooking this when we were young. Our version has potato + carrot + minced meat + baked beans. Very nice!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Shall try it out one of these day, hehe...

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

Hi Sonia,

This meal look so yummy and incredibly easy to prepare.

Just to share with you my version, basically just re-arrange the ingredients. At home, we cook baked bean with onion and diced luncheon meat together then pour it over a sunny side up.

Good idea to add minched meat, I will try next time.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I love the "ting!", lol! Looks really yummy! I have this can of baked beans in tomato sauce in my cabinet, looks like its gonna be used up in this recipe. gonna make it this weekend, tq Sonia! 

marianna franchi said...

Gran bel piatto! Dev'essere proprio di un buono!
Un abbraccio e buonissima giornata

Kenny Mah said...

Simple home-cooked meals like this, especially the minced meat with the baked beans... that reminds me of how my mom used to make it for me when I was a kid. So comforting! :)

Little Inbox said...

Love this type of food too. Yummy but easy to prepare.

Lyndsey ~The Tiny Skillet~ said...

Great ideas for a pantry meal. Looks so good and perfect comfort food. Sometimes we have to get our meal ideas wherever we can get it. :D

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

突然间,怀念我的小时候餐点:)

Madhura Manoj said...

Looks easy & delicious.
http://www.easycookingforamateurs.com/

divya said...

awesome presentation and looks very delicious...

ICook4Fun said...

This is something my mom used to cook for us on her lazy days. Luncheon meat and Heiz baked beans. She don't think it is healthy but we kids just loves it :)

daphne said...

yum!!! Oh How I miss having luncheon meat! LOL Classic! not so healthy but sooo good

Min said...

Looks simple yet delicious, next time I can try making this for my lunch when I'm in a hurry :)

ann low said...

I remember I had this when I was a little girl..wow..so long already ;DD
Must cook this easy recipe for the little ones :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks so tasty with baked beans!

Anonymous said...

It's my kind of comfort food too. So easy n tasty.

j3ss kitch3n said...

simple and filling! my comfort food!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Ohhhhhh this looks delicious, especially egg is runny and I can imagine the combination of egg, meat, beans, and rice. YUM! It's nice when you think you have no idea what to cook for dinner, then you worked on it and came up with something really nice. It gives you more confidence. :-) Great recipe Sonia!

Yummy Bakes said...

Looks good ... must try.

My Little Space said...

Hey, this looks exactly like old days. My dad used to make this for us. haha... Thanks for reminding me.
Love, Kristy

Bo said...

Very simple...I love these kinds of recipes!

shaz said...

Awwww, this sounds so familiar. My mum used to cook this for us all the time but she used to make it with luncheon meat. Great easy dinner, yum! :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

I make this almost every week during the time when I was a young adult living alone in KL. Still love it and make it once in a while. You plated it nicely and make a simple meal looks so gorgeous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin