This post just to record down the Homemade pandan paste (pandan concentrated juices) that I usually made.
First blend pandan leaves with water
strain the blitzed pandan
pour into a jar
store in refrigerator
a thick layer formed at the bottom, this layer is pandan paste or concentrated pandan juice.
Homemade Pandan Paste 自制香兰精(recipe source: inspired by Wendy, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
20g pandan leaves (use mature leaves), wash and clean, pat dry.200g water
- Use a scissor to cut pandan leaves into small pieces
- Blend pandan leaves pieces and water till fine.
- Pour blitzed pandan in a fine strainer, squeeze out the pandan juices.
- Pour the pandan juices in a jar, and leave it in the fridge.
- When you see a thick layer formed at the bottom (took me 1 day), pour away the upper layer of water, retain the pandan paste (I get about 30g).
- You may keep up to two weeks in the fridge or till it turns bad.
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe@ Bake For Happy Kids and Mui Mui @ My Little Favourites DIY