see the gula Melaka (palm sugar) turned into tempting syrup !
First prepare the batter
prepare ready with gula Melaka or white sugar (since the batter is without sugar, so you have to add more sugar )
greased the mould with cooking oil on gas stove over low heat
fill half of the batter
spoon sugar at the middle (sorry for the messy look ^_^)
fill up the balance half
cover and cook
remove the kuih using skewer (when no more seeing white part of batter, that means kueh is cooked)
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe@ Bake For Happy Kids and Mui Mui @ My Little Favourites DIYKuih Pandan Cara Manis (gula Melaka version) 斑兰小甜糕(recipe source: adapted from Butter Flour & Me)
* makes 20pcs
Ingredients100g cake flour
100g coconut milk
100g pandan water or 15g homemade pandan paste + 85g water
A pinch of salt
Cooking oilGula Melaka (palm sugar ) or coarse white sugar
Kuih Bahulu mould , flower pattern
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, strain the batter.
- Heat up the Kuih Bahulu mould over a gas stove.
- When the mould is hot, grease the cavity with cooking oil.
- Spoon batter into each cavity half full (about 1tbsp), fill gula Melaka (about 1/2tsp) at the centre of each batter.
- Spoon batter to completely cover each of the cavity. Close with a lid, cook till golden brown (take about 3-4mins, and no more seen uncooked (white) batter).
- Remove the kuih with a skewer.
- Serve warm or cold with coffee or tea.