For me, it taste very close like focaccia..
Can't really shape the dough as the dough is quite sticky..simply just make into ball shape..
To make it more attractive, I play with fork and spoon pattern ^_^
Anyway, I still prefer bread with kneading..
No Knead Artisan Bread 免捏乡村面包(recipe source: adapted from here, with minor changes)
220g lukewarm water1/2tbsp yeast (6g)
1tsp + 1/4tsp salt
60g wholemeal flour
120g bread flour
120g all-purpose flour or plain flour
- Add yeast and salt into lukewarm water.
- Mix in all three type of flours, don’t need to knead, just mix it well with wooden spoon. Then put it into a plastic container.
- Cover with a lid (not airtight), as to let the gases to be able to escape a little. Allow the mixture to rise at room temperature until it begins to collapse. Then to refrigerate the dough overnight in the fridge.
- Place a piece of baking parchment paper on a baking pan. Sprinkle the surface of the dough in the container with some flour, also dust your hands with flour.
- Pull up and cut off about a small piece of dough (size as per your preference), using scissors or a serrated knife. Gently stretch the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball as you go. Place the dough onto your parchment paper.
- Let the loaf rise for about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 200C (fan forced) for 15mins or until golden brown. Place two bowls of boiling water underneath as to create steam and spray water from time to time (I spray 3 times), this is to create thick crust and soft and chewy crumb.