For the potato strips, you have to coat with flour then steam it before stir fry..So do not cut too thin strips.
Chinese stir-fried potato strips 洋芋叉叉
2 pototoes2tbsp plain flour
50g green pepper, cut into thin strips1 red chili, cut into thin strips1/4 onion, cut into thin strips
50g cabbage, cut into strips
1tsp light soy sauce1/4tsp salt or to taste
- Peel the potatoes, cut into thin sized strips (not too thin was it easily break while stir fry), soak in cold water for 20 minutes before use.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with flour and place on a steaming tray, steam for 15mins or half-cooked.
- Heat oil in a wok, add in onion, green pepper, cabbage and chili, sauté for a while.
- Add in cooked potato strips, stir fry and toss well.
- Add in seasonings, mix well. Dish out.Recipe reference: refer to here, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July Event:Potato) , organized by Zoe (Bake For Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) , hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)