First prepare the cookie base, this time I use Oreo cookies
Prepare the cherry filling by cooking cherry puree with sugar
As for dairy whipping cream, immediately beat it soon removed from the fridge, then only you can beat till soft peak and thick.
Prepare the cream cheese batter
Brought this bottle of Kirsch (Cherry wine) from Paris, perfect to add into the cream cheese batter. If you don't have this, then just ignore.
Prepare soft peak meringue then combine well with cream cheese batter and bake over water bath..
I packed some for my sister, and my daughter packed some to bring to school, very fast 12 cupcakes just gone in the same day. I wanted to eat one more also no chance, hehehe..Have to do it again..
Cherry Cream Cheese Cupcakes 樱桃芝士纸杯蛋糕*makes 12 cupcakes
250g cream cheese, room temperature30g caster sugar2 egg yolks (large or A size)30g low protein flour or cake flour100g whipping cream, cold from fridge1tsp Kirsch (cherry wine), optional
2 egg whites (large or A size)
45g caster sugar
100g Oreo cookies45g melted salted butter
80g fresh cherries, pitted20g sugar
- Line a 12 holes muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Process Oreo cookies in a food processor till finely. Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Add 2tsp of Oreo cookies into each cupcake liners, press it firmly.
- To prepare cherry filling, blend the fresh cherries with sugar in a blender till puree.
- Cook the cherry puree in a small saucepan till slight thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Remove whipping cream from fridge, immediate beat till soft peak, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, Kirsch and sugar till smooth (I use electric hand mixer).
- Add in egg yolks and mix well. Add in flour and combine well.
- Mix in whipped cream, mix till well combine.
- Beat egg white till foamy (I use electric hand mixer), gradually add in sugar and continue to beat till soft peak formed.
- Use a hand whisk, mix in 1/3 meringue with cream cheese batter till combine.
- Use a spatula, fold in the balance meringue, fold gently till combine.
- Pour batter into muffin pan, and make marble effect with Cherry filling.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 150C for 40mins at lower rack using steaming bake method (place a roasting tin underneath and add in hot water before putting in the cake tin). Store in fridge before consume.Recipe reference: refer to old recipe, recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover