It was fun to roll these mini bread rolls, because they look so cute !!
Recently I found out those bread recipe without adding egg, the texture always stayed soft for few days..
Mini Sausage Bread Rolls 迷你香肠面包卷*makes 19 rolls
200g High Protein Flour or Bread flour130g milk ( I use cold milk from fridge)35g sugar3g instant yeast (1/2tsp+1/4tsp)
Mini cocktail sausages, defrost and pat dry, sesame seeds, egg wash (1 egg yolk +1tbsp milk)
- Mix all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, combine and knead till smooth.
- Add in butter, continue to knead till elastic and smooth dough. Keep aside to rise till double in size.
- Divide the dough into 20g each and roll into small balls, rest for 10mins.
- Take a small dough, use a rolling pin to flatten it, then close two ends and look like a cigarette then keep aside to rest for 10mins. Take a dough, use hand to roll one end to shape it like a cone. Use a rolling pin, roll it flat. Place a sausage at the bigger end, and start to roll like a swiss roll. Place sausage rolls on a lined baking sheet. Repeat the rest till finished. Let it to proof for another 30-45mins.
- Apply egg wash then sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake at a pre-heated oven 170C( fan forced) for 15-20mins or 180C (no fan) for 15-20mins.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover