This time, i followed an easy gnocchi recipe which don't need to bake the potato, but simply boil the potato in water, and it is really quick and easy..
I got this idea cooking gnocchi with tomato sauce after I tried a nice tomato gnocchi during our UK trip.
Gnocchi with Tomato sauce and Chicken 番茄鸡肉義式麵疙瘩*serve 3-4 pax
To make Gnocchi500g US Russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half1/2tsp salt120g plain flourMore flour for dusting
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain them and pass through a potato ricer or food mill, and then through a very fine sieve.
- Mound the potato on a work surface and add egg and salt.
- Add a little flour at a time and lightly mix it with your hands to form a soft, smooth dough (still a bit sticky).
- Lightly dust the dough with flour, cut into thin logs and cut into small pieces. Roll them into classic gnocchi shape with the special board otherwise you can use fork to roll them. Place them on a large sheet which dust with flour.
To cook Gnocchi with Tomato sauce and Chicken
1 chicken breast, chopped½ yellow onion, chopped½ garlic, chopped
Sweet basil leaves1 small can of Italian tomato pasteParmesan cheese powderSalt to taste
Method (To cook according to per person basis)
- Bring a large pot water to a boil; add 1tsp salt. Add in the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (about 1min), continue to cook until tender for few more seconds. Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, sauté garlic and onion till aroma. Add in chicken, stir till colour changed.
- Add in 1tbsp tomato paste, then scoop water from the boiled gnocchi water, stir well.
- Add in cheese powder and basil leaves, combine well. Add in cooked gnocchi, mix it well, adjust seasonings ccordingly.
- Serve hot.Recipe reference: Gnocchi from cookbook Italian Food Safari, recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July Event:Potato) , organized by Zoe (Bake For Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) , hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)