If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ayam Goreng Berempah (Malay Spiced Fried Chicken) 马来炸鸡


I love this type of Malay fried chicken, full of herbs and spices, so aromatic! Whenever I attending Malay wedding, I am sure looking forward to taste this Ayam goring berempah. Yesterday I prepared this chicken to go with nasi lemak, yum!









 Do not throw away those fried spiced crumbs, that is the most yummy part !


 



Ayam Goreng Berempah (Aromatic Malay Spiced Fried Chicken) 马来炸鸡
1kg chicken meat, cut into medium-size pieces
1tsp Serbuk Jintan putih (cumin powder)

1tsp Serbuk Jintan Manis (fennel powder)

1tsp Serbuk Ketumbar (coriander powder)

1tsp chili powder

1/2tsp turmeric powder

1tbsp curry powder (meat type)

1tbsp corn flour

1 and 1/2tsp salt 

Blend into paste

4 garlic cloves

6 shallots

½” galangal (blue ginger)

½” ginger

4 lemongrass

3tbsp water 

Method

  1. Marinate chicken pieces with all ingredients for several hours.
  2. Heat oil in a wok (sufficient to fry all chicken at one go) over medium to low heat, put marinated chicken into hot oil piece by piece, deep fry till golden brown (about 10-15mins).
  3. Once done, remove fried chicken and also the fried spiced crumbs using a strainer and keep aside to drain excess oil.
  4. Serve hot. 

Recipe reference to : Azie Kitchen and old recipe, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

25 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves this too

Victoria Bakes said...

i am so intrigued by this dish... seriously, i don't cook but am tempted to do this but gosh... i need to find a way to find these ingredients

Mel said...

Definitely would give this a try. The spices marinade in gives the chicken good aroma and fragrance...Im drooling now.

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

看了大流口水了,做你家人真的好福气。

PH said...

I also love this type of fried chicken! Something like the one at Village Park nasi lemak.

Fion said...

Every time when i buy nasi lemak from malay stall,I sure will order this fried chicken,saw urs....I just tak boleh tahan liao!hahaha

My Little Space said...

Its dinner time already and your chicken rempah looks coming in just in time. haha.... Hope you're having a lovely evening.
Kristy

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

终于等到你的食谱了,这是我一直想找的食谱,谢谢哦。

Baby Sumo said...

During Ramadan bazaar, this is the first item we look for. Usually have to buy 1 piece each cos everyone love it so much. So far this year havent eat yet cos recovering from cough.

Copycake kitchen said...

Sedapnya!!! This is of my selected dish too when i go for bazaar. Your AGB make me hungry...hehe

Li Shuan said...

看到就已经可以想像到它的香味了。。。哟。。真的很好吃的样子

chow and chatter said...

wow this would be my kind of fried chicken

Honey said...

Hi Sonia!!

Wowwii! It's look delicious. Eat it with nasi lemak would be great!

Veronica said...

Finger licking good! Bet you didn't have any leftover, Sonia.

Bakericious said...

this is the dish I definitely love it, gonna bookmark!

Jozelyn Ng said...

Hi, Sonia...I must keep this recipe...near my office, there is a stall selling this...very tasty...I usually tapao and eat in office...but now Ramadhan...they are closed...I miss this ayam goreng berempah so much!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lena said...

wow, looking at the picture already makes me hungry liao!

Choi Yen said...

Feel skeptical to try this at home as I need to buy so many spices that will only use once and keep for long time after that >.<

Ana Regalado said...

You know what ?! I've got almost every ingredients in your list lol Sonia , those are drool-worthy chicken !

Small Kucing said...

okay okay gonna try out this...sedap looking

Beatriz said...

Hi Sonia.I too seem to have all the ingredients in your recipe.I will try this out with my Airfryer .Thanks.

Lilian said...

Tried this recipe and the chicken turned out really moist, aromatic and flavorful with crispy skin. Cooked it with a batch of Nasi lemak and sambal and beef rendang. I added a pinch of sugar to the marinade and I also added some curry leaves halfway during the frying for more fragrance and deep fried the chicken twice to maintain the crispiness. Will make it again the next time I make Nasi lemak.

小食代 said...

This looks so good! I'm going to tapau~

Unknown said...

I love this recipe! Pleased my Malaysian husband!
Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin