If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bergedil / Pegedil Kentang ( Malay Potato Patties ) 马来土豆饼

During Ramadan month (fasting month), I always like to prepare some Malay cuisines. Yesterday I made Soto Ayam (Malay noodles soup) and it was well received by my family. Today I share with you first one of the item to serve together with Soto, is this Bergedil, Begedil or Pegedil in Malay or potato patties .



 
First you need to deep fry the potatoes first.

 
Mash it..

 
Mix with other ingredients, I added dried shrimps this time, you may replaced with cooked chicken or beef.

 
Shape into patties, then coat with egg ( this is a must as Bergedil is prepared this way) , and deep fry..



Bergedil / Pegedil Kentang ( Malay Potato Patties ) 马来土豆饼 

4 potatoes (400g), peel the skin, cut into small pieces
1tbsp dried shrimps, soak in water till soften, chopped roughly
1tbsp fried shallots
1tbsp chopped parsley leaves
1/2tsp fine salt or to taste
White pepper powder
1 egg, lightly beaten 

Method

  1. Deep fry potatoes till golden brown and cooked. Drained.
  2. Using a food processor, to mash the potatoes.
  3. Put the mashed potato in a mixing bowl, mixing in chopped dried shrimps, fried shallots, chopped parsley leaves, salt and pepper, mix well. Shape into patties.
  4. Coat the patties with egg, deep fry over medium heat till golden brown on both sides.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July Event:Potato) , organized by Zoe (Bake For Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) , hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)



15 comments:

PH said...

I like very much! Sedap leh dengan sos cili :)

Mel said...

Oh wow, I bet and can see this potato patties are real yummy. Good to have this for afternoon snack with lots of chilli sauce.

Baking Taitai said...

I love any sort of potato snacks, gonna help myself to your plate of delicious potato patties, yummy!

Victoria Bakes said...

U know how there r some recipes that make us just wanna stand up and walk straight to the kitchen to prepare? This is one of them! I can't resist your begedils

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves this very much...

Jasline (Foodie Baker) said...

This looks so sinful but so delicious! Yummy treat!

Copycake kitchen said...

I used to order this as a side dish when i have my malay food. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Cecilia Yap said...

This is my favourite side dish too..

Karen Luvswesavory said...

I always order this potato patties whenever I patronise the malay food stall ... my fav too !

Kimmy said...

I have a recipe for this patty but haven't got down to cook it. Can share some with me?

Ana Regalado said...

I think I've tried bergedil before ?! There are Indonesians shops here that sells what look like yours don't know if it's the same as your yummy concoction :D

nandoos kitchen said...

super yummy patties..

Small Kucing said...

good munchy....

Choi Yen said...

Can I just boil the potatoes instead of fry?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Choi Yen, yes you can just boil the potatoes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin