I baked these burger buns yesterday, it still maintain the softness till this morning.
Homemade Chicken Burger
500g minced chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
3tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
3tbsp fresh milk
1/4tsp white pepper powder
1/4tsp black pepper powder
1/4tsp chicken stock powder
1tsp salt or to taste
plain flour - enough for coating
1 egg - lightly beaten
Fresh breadcrumbs - enough for coating
1. Mix fresh breadcrumbs and milk in a mixing bowl, set aside for few minutes.
2. Fry the onions till soft, and mix into minced chicken.
3. Add the rest of ingredients and seasoning, mix till well combine, form into patties.
4. One by one, dip patties in plain flour, next coat in beaten eggs, then transfer to breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly.
5. Pan frying with little oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Burger buns (combine au Lait and water roux method)
"Water roux starter" method:-
50g High protein flour/bread flour
1. Combine water and flour in a saucepan, cook over low flame and keep stirring till become thicken and no lumps left, the texture is something like baby porridge.
2. Remove from heat and cover loosely with plastic wrap to prevent from drying. Store the starter in the refrigerator after completely cooling down for later use.
Burger dough (combine au Lait and water roux method):-
450g High protein flour/bread flour
170g fresh milk (cold)
40g egg white (from 1 large egg)
1 and ½ tsp yeast
50g butter (soften in room temp)
100 water roux starter
Some poppy seeds
1 egg (egg wash)
1. Put all the ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, knead until become a smooth dough.
2. Add in butter, and knead till smooth and elastic, takes about 10mins.
3. Let it proof for 60mins in a clean bowl cover with cling wrap.
4. Remove dough from the bowl, punch out the air, equally divide into smooth round shape, rest for another 20mins.
5. Apply egg wash and sprinkle some poppy seeds.
6. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25mins.
Happy Baking !!