I’m planning to cook Tunku’s (Father of Malaysia) favourite dishes in conjunction to this Merderka (Independence) month. The 1st Merderka meal “ Ayam Golek” was dedicated to Rebecca a.k.a Chow and Chatter. The 2nd Merderka meal was Daging Bakar (roast turmeric beef) and Air Asam (red chili and lime dipping sauce).
This is the 3rd Merderka meal, Tunku would eat his roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. I'm new to Yorkshire pudding, and there is no detail of this Yorkshire puddings recipe written in Flavours food magazine, but luckily i found this recipe in xxx (this blog was removed).
*makes 11-12 pcs
125 g plain flour
250 ml milk
A pinch of salt
1tbsp lemon juice (not in original recipe)
Shortening (i changed to butter)
1. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir and whisk till a smooth batter.
2. Sift the batter into a clean water jar, cover and stand for at least 30mins.
3. Put some butter into each cup of a 12-hole muffin tin and heat in a preheated oven at 200C for 2mins or until very hot.
4. Remove the tin from the oven. Whisk the batter and pour into the cups in the tin(about 80-90% full)
5. Bake the Yorkshire puddings in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C or until well risen, golden, and crisp.
6. Serve immediately with Daging Bakar / roasted turmeric beef.
Put some butter/shortening into each cup of a 12-hole muffin tin
Sift the batter into a clean water jar
RESIPI TAUHU BAKAR
2 hours ago