This is the 3rd Merderka meal, Tunku would eat his roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. I'm new to Yorkshire pudding, and there is no detail of this Yorkshire puddings recipe written in Flavours food magazine, but luckily i found this recipe in almostbourdain blogspot.
AlmostBourdain as she followed to Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook. I changed a bit on the method as I just too lazy and simply mix all ingredients together and added little lemon juice, but the result was good, I like the buttery and milky taste.
*makes 11-12 pcs
125 g plain flour
250 ml milk
A pinch of salt
1tbsp lemon juice (not in original recipe)
Shortening (i changed to butter)
1. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir and whisk till a smooth batter.
2. Sift the batter into a clean water jar, cover and stand for at least 30mins.
3. Put some butter into each cup of a 12-hole muffin tin and heat in a preheated oven at 200C for 2mins or until very hot.
4. Remove the tin from the oven. Whisk the batter and pour into the cups in the tin(about 80-90% full)
5. Bake the Yorkshire puddings in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C or until well risen, golden, and crisp.
6. Serve immediately with Daging Bakar / roasted turmeric beef.
Put some butter/shortening into each cup of a 12-hole muffin tin
Sift the batter into a clean water jar
Remove the tin from the oven. Whisk the batter and pour into the cups in the tin(about 80-90% full)
I'm going to send this post to Almost Bourdain's Shout Outs.