Petai is like durian, you'll either love it or hate it !!
Sambal Petai Udang ( Petai with chili & shrimps)
200g Petai beans
150g shrimps (medium), retain tail
50g ikan bilis (anchovy), washed and cleaned
2 big onions, sliced
1tbsp tamarind paste, add 3tbsp water, remove seeds, to become tamarind water
2tbsp chilli paste (I use homemade chilli paste)
Pound to paste1” galangal (blue ginger)
3 cloves garlic
½ big onion
Seasonings½ tsp salt or taste
1 and ½ tbsp sugar
1. Blanch petai in boiling water for 1min, drained and set aside
2. Stir fried prawn with some hot oil till change colour, set aside.
3. Deep fried ikan bilis till golden brown, set aside.
4. Heat some oil in a wok, add in pounded paste, stir fried till fragrant.
5. Add in chilli paste and onion slices, stir fried for a while.
6. Add in petai, fried ikan bilis and cooked shrimps, add in tamarind water (add more water if too dry), mix well.
7. Add in seasoning and dish out, serve with nasi lemak or steamed rice.
**my note-if you not using homemade chili paste like me which I have cooked it for long hour, then you need to increase the timing when stir fry the chili paste.
Happy Cooking !!