Enjoy this roasted beef with Air Asam (red chili and lime dipping sauce), simply delicious!
Daging Bakar (roasted turmeric beef)
600g beef tenderloin
100ml thick coconut milk
1tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp brown sugar
1tsp salt or to taste
1. Prick meat all over with a fork or skewer and season with marinade ingredients for 30mins.
2. Roast in a preheated oven at 180c until cooked to desired doneness.
3. Serve, sliced, with Air Asam (red chili and lime dipping sauce) on the side
Air Asam (red chili and lime dipping sauce)
2 red chillies, slit and sliced
1 big onion, skinned, halved and sliced
1-2 tsp roasted and ground belacan (dried shrimp paste)
2 limes, strained juice only
1-2 tsp sugar
1. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and “knead” with the fingers until well incorporated.
2. Serve with Daging Bakar or Ayam Golek or Fried chicken.
Happy Cooking !!