Since I'm poor in cake decoration, I just use her favourite chocolate "Ferrero Rocher" to decorate her birthday cake
I was adapted recipe from aunty Yochana with minor changes. My daughter love this chocolate cake very much.
Fest Chocolate cake
(7” round cake tin)
100 gm. Butter or Margarine
125 gm. sugar
3 egg yolks
2 egg white
30 gm. sugar
125 gm. evaporated milk
40 gm. fresh cream (unwhipped)
100 gm. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
20 gm. cocoa powder
90 gm. sponge mix / optima flour
250 gm. chopped chocolate
200 gm. fresh cream
1 tsp. butter
10 gm. Milo or cocoa powder
• Microwave all these ingredients together and stir till smooth
1. Sift cake flour, baking powder, soda and cocoa powder together, set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar (125g) till creamy, add egg yolk one at a time.
3. Add in milk and fresh cream, mix till well combined.
4. Whisk egg white with sugar (30gm) till fluffy.
5. Mix flour mixture (1) and butter mixture(3) together, add in sponge mix flour.
6. Take 1/3 of egg white mixture, use a hand whisk to stir with flour mixture (5) till combine.
7. Fold in the balance egg white mixture till well combined.
8. Pour into cake tin, bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for about 50mins or till cake is cooked.
Slice cake into 3 layers and sandwich them together with the chocolate frosting, decorate as per desired (Do not chill in the fridge,because it will turned hard)
Happy Birthday to my sweet girl !!
My New Toy !!
Yesterday my husband brought back a new toy all the way from Singapore for me, a red Kitchenaid mixer KSM150, Thank you so much my dear...
I also like to Thanks to Huey Bing ( a reader from SG ) so kind informed me where to get a resonable price of KA mixer in SG.
I can't wait to try out my new toy... Happy Baking !!
Wish all of you have a nice weekend !!