I just came back from a short trip to Hanoi, quite a fun trip, so many things to discover and so many nice foods. I will update the trip soon since i still have Japan trip have yet to finish update, and also need to start to prepare a family trip to Bali next month..
Once came back, i have to rush to make another Birthday Cake, this time is for my mother..This fruity cake also another classic and old fashioned Birthday cake beside the Black Forest Cake i done earlier..I use back the same sponge cake recipe, simply love this simple sponge cake recipe..
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
1 basic sponge cake 7”, slice into 3 equal pieces, refer recipe here
1 canned of peach in syrup, chopped and sliced
For decorating the cake
Zespri Kiwi fruit
Roasted almond flakes
200g non-dairy whipping cream, follow to recipe to make whipped cream
1. Place one piece of sponge cake on a cake disc (at a revolving decorating cake stand for easy frosting)
2. Spread evenly a layer of whipped cream, top with chopped peach.
3. Continue to place second piece of sponge, spread evenly a layer of whipped cream, top with chopped peach.
4. Top with last piece of sponge cake, frost the whole cake with whipped cream.
5. Decorate with strawberry, peach, kiwi fruit and blueberries.
6. Brush with clear glaze.
How to make clear glaze
(recipe source: adapted from here)
1tbsp tapioca starch or corn starch
1. Add 1/2cup water and 1/4cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir till sugar dissolved.
2. Mix tapioca starch with 1/4cup water in another small mixing bowl.
3. Pour the tapioca mixture into the hot water stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to simmer for one to two minutes until it has thickened. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Set aside to cool in room temperature, brush clear glaze on the fruits.
Packed and ready to ship it to my mother..I bet she will like this Birthday cake..