To prepare tapioca noodle:-
Hot boiling water-300ml
1. If you have a mixer at home, mix the flour and hot water and use "Pulse" function to mix till well combine. Then use hand to knead till become a smooth dough.
2. If you don't have a mixer at home, suggest you to use a spatula/spoon to mix the flour and hot water (be careful of the hot water!!!) . Once it well combine, then only use hand to knead till a smooth dough.
3. Lightly flour the dough, with a rolling pin, roll out the dough into few rectangular shapes as per below. Then cut into small and thin strips.
4. Cook the noodle in boiling water, once you see the noodle float on the top, that mean the noodle is cooked.
5. Place cooked tapioca noodles in clean water, drain out when ready to use.
To stir fry tapioca noodles:-
minced meat 300g (pork or chicken, I prefer pork)
minced prawn 120g
dried prawn 50g (soak and slightly chopped)
bean sprouts 400g ( my daughter like this, so I add more !!)
shallots 10pcs ( thinly slice)
garlic 2pcs (chopped)Seasoning:
light soy sauce 1tbsp
dash of pepper
dark soy sauce 1/2 tbsp
spring onion (chopped-for ganishing)
1. Heat oil in a wok, fry shallot till crispy and brown, set aside.
2. Use the remaining oil, add in garlic, then add meat and prawn, stir fry well.
3. Add in water and bring to boil.
4. Mix in the cooked tapioca noodles and bean sprouts, stir well and cook for 1-2mins.
5. Season with light soy sauce, salt, pepper and dark soy sauce.
6. Garnishing with fried shallots and chopped spring onion, serve hot !!
Few ways to enjoy Hokkian style of tapioca noodles:-
- add chili padi (my style !!)
- add vinegar (my hubby style !!)
- add tomato ketchup (my kids style !!)
Do enjoy Cooking !!!