I have been looking for this recipe long time ago, finally I found in My Kitchen Snippets.., immediate I give a try, the result was so good, exactly like that one I use to buy in pasar pagi (market). My daughter love this pan cake so much, keep asking me to do it, as we can't find that stall in pasar pagi anymore, don't know when it gone missing ....I don't know how to call this pan cake in Mandarin, Felvinc told me it called as "jing long pao"..
Recipe (I made little changes to My Kitchen Snippets's recipe)
** denote changes made
300g high protein/bread flour ** (original recipe use all-purpose flour)
1/2 tsp salt
60ml warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
Filing- Chicken Floss ** ( my kids tasted few type of fillings, but they prefer chicken floss)
- You may choose your own preference filing e.g peanut, red bean paste & etc
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast, set aside until frothy
2. Combine bread flour, salt, milk and yeast base in a mixing bowl
3. Knead the dough till smooth.
4. Leave to prove until double in size.
5. Divide the dough into small balls, and put in the filling. Set aside and rest.
6. Pan fry in a non-stick pan, use low heat. ** (original recipe add cooking oil, but I didn't)
7. Use spatula to flatten the pan cake while frying.
8. Fry till both sides of pan cake turned brown.
p/s This bread does not requires oven, so if you don't have a oven, you can bake this too..
Million Thanks to My Kitchen Snippets for this great recipe..
Sri Petaling. Home Town Steamboat 好家乡火锅世家
1 hour ago