If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China

The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China

Hi all, I'm back! sorry for missing in action of updating my blog for a week. I went to Xiamen and Shanghai China last week, and thought i could update my blog when i was in China. But I was so frustrated when i got to know that there was no way to access Blogger and Facebook in China as their government has banned on these.



The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China


The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China


My husband's counterpart brought us to this famous "The Bund" on our 1st day of arrival...

The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China


The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China


This is a place that you must visit when you are in Shanghai, very similar to Victoria Harbour Hong Kong. The beautiful old European architecture in Bund makes it really cool to see, also the contrast with new Pudong on the other side of the river (old & new divided by the busy river) is just awesome!

The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China


The Bund 外滩, Shanghai China



I have taken a lot of photos in Xiamen and Shanghai during this trip, will slowly share with you..do come back to check out..



27 comments:

Mary said...

Sonia, these photos are lovely. I love traveling through your eyes.

Bakeling said...

Enjoy to view these beautiful night scene of the Bund .

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing these photos and the info.

shaz said...

Hi Sonia
Welcome back :) looking forward to more updates and photos.

ann low said...

Shanghai is a nice place to visit. I was there few years ago.

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Lovely photos! My husband was in Su Zhou and Shanghai last week, he told me that he couldn't access FB and blogger too. If you have a personal VPN you can access them via IPad.

苏联妈妈 said...

wow~~Shanghai! wish to travel there one day ..

Anonymous said...

My friend Fiona is from Shangai.She is not only very beautiful,she thought me many chinese dishes in teh kitchen.And she never gorget's to say that dish is from Shangai in other parts they taste different.Nice pic's and welcocme back;)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

照片很漂亮
大大喜欢^^

Spoon and Chopsticks said...

Great pics. I've never been there, so I will have to satisfy by looking through these nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

Edith said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, will you be interested to join this event? http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2011/08/remember-heritage-food-trail-that-i.html

lena said...

that photo looks very similar to the Victoria harbour in hkg. Didnt know that there's no access to blogger in china, really surprised to hear that.

Jo said...

Sonia, beautiful photos and I especially like the night shots.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Sonia, these are some lovely photos! I can sense the glorious night life there. ;) Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us.

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures.

divya said...

awesome clicks..

。A 。b 。b 。y 。 said...

Nice pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Cant access blogger & FB? Why banned these?

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Welcome back! I always want to visit there so thank you for sharing pictures! Beautiful!!

Christine's Pantry said...

Welcome back! Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

tigerfish said...

Oh yeah, the Great Firewall of China :(

Quay Po Cooks said...

Welcome back! It is nice to know you had a great time in Shanghai. Mine was a bad experience.It was the most expensive trip for me. When I was at the Bund I lost my necklace and pendant which was one of my wedding anniversary gift. Got to be very careful when you are there. The pickpocket there are very professional.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

It's a nice nice place...

Amelia said...

Beautiful picture, thanks for sharing

choi yen said...

Nice view!

Rita said...

Great to have u back, beautiful pics!
Glad to know you had a good break and good food too :-)

Colin Woon said...

Seems like a really nice place to visit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin