I just prepared this Shanghai stir-fried noodles for lunch today, using the noodles that i bought from a wet market in Shanghai, only cost me RMB 6.00 per kg (RM 3)..
I like to visit local wet market whenever i on vacation to another country, this is the best place to experience how the local living and enjoy the local foods..We went to this wet market after we took breakfast in one of the noodles shop nearby the hotel we stayed..
We also tried one of their daily breakfast i.e fresh soy bean and steamed paus..and price for one pau only cost RMB 1 (RM 0.50), so cheap ! and the paus skin very soft and good indeed..
This Chinese lady was weighing the dried noodles that i bought..
Shanghai stir-fried noodles
(recipe souce: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*serves 5 persons
400g Shanghai dried noodles
6pcs dried Shitake mushrooms, soaked in cold water till soft, sliced
200g green mustard
50g carrot, shredded
100g fresh prawn
100g chicken meat, sliced
3 fish cakes, sliced
3 garlic, chopped
3 shallots, chopped
5tbsp cooking oil
1 and 1/2cup of chicken stock/water
1 and 1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1tbsp dark caramel sauce
1tsp salt or taste
A dash of white pepper
1. In a pot of boiling water, add dried noodles and cook till about 80% cooked, drain in cold bath and set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a wok over high heat, sauté chopped garlic and shallots till aroma.
3. Add prawn, meat, fish cake and carrot, cook through.
4. Add chicken stock and seasoning, bring to boil.
5. Add noodles and green mustard and toss until well mixed.
6. Dish out when noodles almost absorbed all the gravy. Enjoy!
** My blogger friend Quay Po also cooked very nice Shanghai noodles, check out here..
Happy Cooking !!