My son Lucas love this noodles, he always buy this Cantonese style fried noodle from school's canteen. I told my son, if I were to cook for you , the noodles definitey will taste better than the one which is sold in the school , because there will be more ingredients and no MSG added.
This time I cook with rice vermicelli (mee hoon) and flat rice noodles (koey Teow), similar like those we can find in tai chow (hawker stall) or Chinese restaurant, they name as "Yin Yong". You can also replaced the noodles with Yee mee (fried egg noodles).
Cantonese Style Fried noodles
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
150g rice vermicelli (mee hoon), soaked in water to soften
500g flat rice noodles (Koey Teow), loosen it
1tbsp dark caramel sauce
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp fish sauce
To prepare noodles
1. Heat some cooking oil in a wok over high heat, add in rice vermicelli, sprinkle little egg on it and lightly fry till light golden brown. Dish out and set aside.
2. In the same wok over high heat, add in flat rice noodles, add dark caramel sauce, light soy sauce and fish sauce, fry till soft and light. Dish out and set aside.
150g green mustard (sayur sawi), cut into 2” length
100g cabbage, sliced
150g chicken breast, sliced
150g fresh medium prawns
100g squids, sliced
20g carrot, sliced
3 shallots, chopped
3 garlic, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Tapioca flour mixture (mix 4tbsp tapioca flour with 6tbsp water)
1 and 1/2tsp salt or taste
To prepare topping:-
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat, sauté chopped shallots and garlic till aroma.
2. Add in chicken stock, put in cabbage and carrot.
3. Once stock is boiled, add in chicken meat, prawns, squids and mustard green. Cook for few minutes. Seasoning with salt, sugar and pepper.
4. Add in egg mixture and lightly stir, thicken the soup by adding in tapioca flour water.
1. Place fried rice vermicelli and fried flat Koey Teow on a serving plate.
2. Spoon some hot topping on top, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking !!